Mi Casa es Su Casa and all that but...

I would lend it to my friend of whom I know they would appreciate it and would love them as much as I do. That will not be my mom... she is very sweet.. my DH always calls her the russian... no offense to anyone who comes from there. Once she had my Kelly on her lap in the car while I was driving, she was trying to close it: she was doublefolding the Kelly in order to so :Push: I was ready to stop the car :smile: My kelly turned out to be okay :sweatdrop:

I have lent my mom and my sister my H bags for a dinner out - ONCE. I think they didn't enjoy the experience so much because I kept on telling them to be careful! :roflmfao: They're not really into H (LV for my mom and maybe Prada/Kiplinger for my sister) so I guess I "cured" them of ever (even) thinking of borrowing any of my H bags... heh!

^^That is so sweet GF! Your mom totally deserves her new bag and more :flowers:

I would let my mom borrow my bag because I recently introduced her to Hermes and she has fallen in love!

I still love the wee sized ones, too!

dd has one. not good enough for her. always wants to carry mommy's big one.
i use mine all the time, love the colors, etc. but still am happiest with my H. that's my H, as in my nevergonnalendittonobodyH. but i actually love when someone admires it, wants to hold it or touch it ... so far. if it were some rough-nailed, greasy-handed individual, it would be another story, and another thread, entitled something like "arrested for assault but i'm pleading self-defense."

So sweet of you, GF, to get your Mom her own H bag.

Coincidentally, my friends and I were just discussing over breakfast this morning, if we would gift our family members H bags! It's not entirely conclusive, but definitely a possibility.

Then, after we parted, I received a call from my Mom. Desperate as she was, asking how she could remove the blue ball point marks on her multi-colour LV Alma bag I got her last July. :rolleyes: I think I will just die if it'd happened to a Bolide. So I don't my Mom's getting a H bag any time soon.

To answer HH's original question - I am usually not selfish, but lending my H bags to others .... sorry, it's a NO. It'll become a health hazard thinking about the bag from the moment it leaves my sight.

Oh there's absolutely no doubt my Mum will likely ruin the bag (not entirely, but she won't look after it like You or I would), but I figure it's her bag, it needs to "look" like her, if you know what I mean?