Metallic Spy Alert!

WOW!!! If this baby turns out to be authentic, I am going to be pissed because I paid full price for mine!!!:rant: J/K:lol: But seriously, how can they sell them at half price? Wisteria and Metallic are very popular SPYs!!!:wtf: But the pics look good to me. *runs to check serial tag on my own SPY*

That bag is gorgeous, and certainly looks authentic to me.

My only concern is that your looks very gold overall. I thought the metallic spy was mostly silver, with gold handles while your bag looks gold with silver undertones.

Were there two different kinds of metallic spys?

What a fantastic deal if it is indeed real!

Thank you all for your thumbs up and input. Irene, please post back after you've checked your serial tag. I've been waiting to hear from you.

I don't understand either how they're going so low. If this bag is indeed authentic, all I can think is that Jomashop must be very well connected (they're in NYC). They deal largely in high priced watches, and may have huge purchasing power. Many of their watches run in the $10k+ range.

Also, it's worth noting that they are frequently criticized for not updating their online database. They end up selling things that they've already run out of stock, and then customers have to go through the hassle of getting refunds and being disappointed. I was actually expecting no bag to arrive at all, much less an authentic one. So I'm skeptical of what's actually left in their stock.

So far all the feedback has been positive. I don't know where else to go for a better authority on authenticity (given no Fendi store in my vicinity, and local NM getting non-metallic spies once in a blue moon).

I only have another 20 days left in my $ back guarantee, so I welcome all the feedback I can get.

mpark46 said:

My only concern is that your looks very gold overall. I thought the metallic spy was mostly silver, with gold handles while your bag looks gold with silver undertones.

I noticed that same thing when I compared mine with pics of other metallics on this site. Mine is actually the same color silver, with gold "sponged" on it (I read somewhere that's how they color these), just a hell of a lot more of the stuff sponged on, and more so in the front than in the back. I researched and researched this ad nauseam (I get obsessive... I'm sure people here can relate). I found that there are indeed two varieties. The two are shown in that great to all the spy colors. I've also seen other pics that show much more gold than silver. I prefer the silver more, but for half price I'll take the gold! I'm also counting on the gold "fading" or rubbing off over time.

Decophile, I really hope this bag is authentic!!! That would be a DEAL OF THE CENTURY!!!:yahoo:And, as we ladies know, there is nothing better than a good deal because then you have $$$ left over for another bag!!!:wlae:

Anyhow, here is a pic of serial tag inside my metallic spy (although mine is silver, not gold so the color is going to be dif.):

Attachments

• spyserial.jpg
    spyserial.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 85
mpark46 said:

Mpark, metallic spys came in two shades: gold and silver. Here are the stock photo of silver (from neiman marcus site) and a gold one (from net-a-porter):

Attachments

• NMV7471_mp.jpg
    NMV7471_mp.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 134
  • index.jpg
    index.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 131
LV_addict said:
Decophile, I really hope this bag is authentic!!! That would be a DEAL OF THE CENTURY!!!:yahoo:And, as we ladies know, there is nothing better than a good deal because then you have $$$ left over for another bag!!!:wlae:

Anyhow, here is a pic of serial tag inside my metallic spy (although mine is silver, not gold so the color is going to be dif.):

Would the different color also account for different serial number? Mine says UNQ (on both the inside leather and the certificate) whereas yours says UNG.

Wow. That is just amazing. I never knew there was a gold spy as well.

What a great deal. If I could use the metallic spy regularly I would absolutely talk myself into getting it!

Congrats on the best find of the year!~