Menu for Guys-Night Poker Party

1. Hi all,

The BF is going to be hosting a guys-night poker party at our place for a few of his friends. I told him I'd coordinate the food for him. Any suggestions for a menu?

Thank you!
  2. It has to be easy to handle and not to messing, cant get those cards dirty and sticky! LOL Ifyou go to you can actually put in POKER NIGHT and I am sure there are a few menus. I made once MINI hamburgers and people LOVED it. It was cute and bitesize.
  3. WHat about chips and guacomole , too messy? Chicken fingers? Mini pizzas?
  4. Oh Yes and a lot of napkins?
  5. Bagel bites?
  6. Basically anything that is a finger food but not really messy.

Chicken fingers
    Cheesy garlic bread
    Chips & Dip
    mini sandwiches (you can make these simple or "fancy" by cutting paninis into bite size portions)
    pigs in a blanket
    pita or french bread pizzas
  7. chili and chips!!!
  8. Chili Cheese Dip:

Spread softened cream cheese in a serving dish or platter, then top with a can of chili and some shredded cheddar. Serve with torilla chips.
  9. I would do some type of sandwich (like a jumbo sub cut up, or a big round sandwich cut into slices) and chips, veggies, and dips.

My favorite easy dip: 1 package southwestern ranch dry packet, I container sour cream, 1/2 small can green chilies, and 1/2 cup finely grated sharp cheddar cheese, mix it all together, serve with fritos and veggies.
  10. just a few more ideas:

mozzarella sticks
    jalapeno poppers
    potato skins
    fried zucchini
    egg rolls or spring rolls
    cocktail shrimp
    popcorn shrimp
    stuffed clams
    stuffed mushrooms
    fish sticks
    artichoke spinach dip
    spicy onion rings or fries

(...I love appetizers and finger foods)
  11. Thanks for all the responses!!! They sound great! I actually read off the suggestions to BF and he said "yes EVERYTHING"
  12. :biggrin: Guys are the easiest to cater for. (Thankfully, a majority of my friends are guys). :p

Good luck with everything, let us know how it goes!
  13. so the poker party got pushed back a little, but we're having it tonight...

Here's the menu:

buffalo wings
    chili/chips/7-layer bean dip

just the basics- nothing fancy. Hopefully everything goes well!
  14. Exactly, when my DH has friends over these poor guys would have nothing to eat if it were left up to him. I always try to at least pick up chips and drinks for them and then I'll have my girls make cookies, cupcakes, or brownies. It is actually kind of fun doing it. I think my DH appreciates it as well as his friends.
  15. mm this thread is makin me hungry!