MELTONIAN...what have you used it on?

Jan 29, 2006
Another thread mentions using MELTONIAN on leather scratches. Could you please post your experience with this (ie colors and skins it worked for or not worked for)?

I'm especially interested in knowing whether anyone has used it (or other products) on chevre. I have a scratch on my chevre mysore that bothers me (but not enough to take in for repair :P).

Thanks! :yes:

I've used it on box and cerf.
On box it was GREAT. Just great. On cerf - even though I applied it sparingly - it did come up with some white residue (that nobody but me could see of course) - I guess it has to do with the impolishability (how's that for syntax and grammar ;)) of cerf leather.

In one of my visits to the NYC boutique for spa treatments, I asked Claude what he uses to clean/condition bags - he was the one who suggested Meltonian shoe polish.

I am confident using it on box, swift, togo, chamonix and clemance. Have never used it on chevre (might lose the shininess) croc or ostrich.

I would probably not risk using it on croc or ostrich. It does sometimes leave a whitish residue on the grained leather "ridges" so you have to polish/wipe very well.

Hope this helps!

In one of my visits to the NYC boutique for spa treatments, I asked Claude what he uses to clean/condition bags - he was the one who suggested Meltonian shoe polish.

I am confident using it on box, swift, togo, chamonix and clemance. Have never used it on chevre (might lose the shininess) croc or ostrich.

I would probably not risk using it on croc or ostrich. It does sometimes leave a whitish residue on the grained leather "ridges" so you have to polish/wipe very well.

Hope this helps!

claude said to use it on my ostrich and i did..............no problem