Mel Gibson

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mel Gibson Arrested for DUI

FRIDAY JULY 28, 2006 05:00PM EST

Mel Gibson Photo by: Jeff Vespa / Wireimage [​IMG]
    Mel Gibson was arrested for a driving under the influence early Friday morning in Malibu, according to the booking report.

Gibson, 50, was pulled over on the Pacific Coast Highway, sheriff's spokesperson Steve Whitmore tells CNN. Officers on patrol said Gibson was driving at an "excessively fast speed," according to Whitmore.

"The investigation is ongoing," Whitmore told the Associated Press. "As we would do with anyone, we don't want to release any more since the information is fragmentary."

Gibson was stopped at 2:36 a.m., charged with a misdemeanor and posted $5,000 bond, according to booking papers.

Gibson's rep, Alan Nierob, said he was looking into the matter.

Gibson, who has admitted to past problems with alcohol, ran a red light and collided with another car in 1984 while driving drunk. In 1991, he joined Alcoholics Anonymous.

Gibson's 1995 film, Braveheart, which he directed and starred in, won Oscars for Best Picture and Best Director. His newest film, Apocalypto, set in the Mayan civilization of several centuries ago, is due out in December.
  2. Love Mel! Sure hope this was a one time deal... maybe too much celebration for completing the filming of his new movie.
  3. I still think he looks HOT!!
  4. very handsome...hope he is doing well and reaches a solution if there is a problem. Hoping it is poor judgement and just a one time mistake
  5. He is a human being. Fallible. He admits he has an addictive personality. Addiction isn't a joke. its something you fight all your life.
  6. Yup yup I used to work with people with alcohol dependence and I have seen people die from pancreatitis secondary to this. Those seeking help are just the tip of the iceberg. I guess his arrest can lead to greater awareness about addiction.
  7. Better check out the Smoking Gun and TMZ for what really's all about Mel hating Jews and loving "sugar tits".........
  8. blitzed Mel Gibson launched into an obscenity-laced tirade when he was busted on suspicion of drunken driving early yesterday, threatening an officer and making anti-Semitic and sexually abusive remarks, according to a police report
  9. Mel gives cops hell
    Saturday, July 29th, 2006

LOS ANGELES - A blitzed Mel Gibson launched into an obscenity-laced tirade when he was busted on suspicion of drunken driving early yesterday, threatening an officer and making anti-Semitic and sexually abusive remarks, according to a police report.

The "Passion of the Christ" director repeatedly said, "My life is f----d," according to the report by Los Angeles County Deputy James Mee, which was obtained by The celebrity news Web site posted excerpts of the handwritten report.

Gibson, 50, was pulled over for speeding at 3:10 a.m. on the Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu, Calif., cops said. The Oscar-winning "Braveheart" star and director was driving 80 mph when he was snared by a radar trap, sheriff's deputies said. The speed limit in that area is 45 mph to 55 mph.

Gibson failed both alcohol breath and field sobriety tests, deputies said. His blood-alcohol level was .12, Deputy Anthony Moore said. The legal limit is .08 in California.

According to the incident report obtained by, the Road Warrior embarked on a belligerent, anti-Semitic outburst when he realized he had been busted.

"F-----g Jews. The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world," Mee's report quotes him as saying.

"Are you a Jew?" Gibson asked the deputy, according to the report.

The actor also berated the deputy, threatening, "You motherf----r. I'm going to f--- you," according to Mee's report.

The actor also told the cop he "owns Malibu" and would spend all his money "to get even with me," Mee said in his report.

TMZ quoted a law enforcement source as saying Gibson noticed a female sergeant on the scene and yelled at her, "What do you think you're looking at, sugar t--s?"

Deputy Mee then wrote an eight-page report detailing of the incident, but higher-ups in the sheriff's department felt it was too "inflammatory" to release and would merely serve to incite "Jewish hatred," TMZ said.

Reached for comment on TMZ's report last night, Deputy Moore said the department would neither deny nor confirm its content. He could offer no explanation for why Mee's report was withheld from reporters.

Gibson rep Alan Neirob could not be reached for comment last night.

Earlier, when asked about the arrest, his assistant said in an e-mailed statement, "At this time we don't have any information on this matter but are checking into it."

A devout Catholic, Gibson has been dogged by allegations of anti-Semitism - which he has steadfastly denied - since his 2004 film "The Passion of the Christ," about the crucifixion of Jesus.

Once known as a Hollywood bad boy, the Aussie-raised Gibson was known to down five beers before breakfast at his partying peak. But Gibson has said he gave up drinking in the 1980s at the urging of Tina Turner, his co-star in "Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome."

Gibson was previously busted for driving under the influence in 1984. In that case, he ran a red light and struck another car in Toronto while filming "Mrs. Soffel" with Diane Keaton. He pleaded guilty and was fined $240.

After yesterday's bust, Gibson was booked at the Lost Hills sheriff's station at 4:06 a.m. The father of seven spent a few hours in the lockup before being released on $5,000 bail at 9:45 a.m., sheriff's deputies said.

His case will be further investigated and sent to the district attorney's office for review. No court date has been set.

The sheriff's department has previously released mug shots of other stars arrested for drunken driving, including actress Kim Delaney in 2002, but Gibson's booking photo "was not available," according to department spokesman Steve Whitmore.

Sheriff Lee Baca personally ordered Gibson's mug kept under wraps, a deputy told the Daily News.

The California Highway Patrol, which has busted stars including Nick Nolte and former "Growing Pains" cutie Tracey Gold for DUI, routinely releases stars' mug shots, no matter how unflattering.
  10. He also issued an apology. I can tell you hundreds of stories of alcohol ridden tirades my husband would go through. He would turn into a completely different person. Like Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde. Could not believe what he said/did the next morning. You blackout. Its so easy for people who don't understand what truly being under the influence can do to a person. And knowing recovering addicts - not just from alcohol but from coke and heroine as well - these kinds of reports aren't fair when the general public thinks it just ends there. People end up embarrassed and ashamed and often suicidal when they hear what they said/did. The least I hope it does it make him commit to his sobriety again. You never quit trying.
  11. What a loser. I don't feel sorry for him. He should get his act together already. He could have killed somebody driving like that at that speed. To add insult to injury the police had to put up with his smartass remarks. I'll say it again ... WHAT A LOSER.
  12. ahh, I agree, it is not a great example to set his children is it :sad:

But, we have all gone out and got drunk before (not driven I hasten to add), and some of the stupid, drunken things we say we would probably die of embarassment about the next day, whereas he is going to have to live with hearing about this in every newspaper, for ages to come, so its a punishment in itself really.

Gosh, saying something like "I own Malibu" is not exactly going to endear you though is it to the officer on overtime putting up with drunks at night ;)

I imagine he is cringing with embarassment
  13. What a bastard. He can apologize until he turns blue, but I think the truth comes out when you're drunk. People who think bad things will say them when their inhibitions are down. His father's a nazi, and while it saddens me to know that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, it doesn't suprise me. He gives Catholics a bad name.

Shame on him for being such a crappy example to his children, and shame on him for promoting such hatred-drunk or not.
  14. I think he's a great actor but I think that your true feeling come out when your guard is down.
  15. I think his anti-semitic comments are most problematic. My mom has been saying he is an anti-semite for ages -- he just confirmed it. His Passion of the Christ film was just more evidence of it. I don't think alcohol provides any sort of defense for such comments. I can't believe many people will want to work with him after this and that is great IMO.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.