Mekhi Phifer Welcomes a Son

1. [​IMG]ERs Mekhi Phifer and his fiancée Oni Souratha have welcomed their first child together, his rep tells PEOPLE exclusively.

Mekhi Thira Phifer was born in Los Angeles on Tuesday at 6:47 a.m., and weighed 5 lbs., 4 oz.

"We are really happy and excited," the couple tells PEOPLE. "He is beautiful."

The boy joins Omikaye, the actor's 8-year-old son from a previous relationship.

The couple showed off their son's green-themed nursery to some 200 friends – including Don Cheadle and Laura Linney – at their baby shower earlier this month.

"This is just the start of the tribe," Phifer, 32, told PEOPLE at the shower. "I want to have four or five kids."

2. I didn't even know he had a fiance...

oh well congrats to them!

3. Who are these people? From the US?

4. Yes he is on ER and I have no idea who she is!

5. (he also was in 8 Mile with Eminem!)

6. Congratulations!

7. He was in "Dawn of the Dead" (2004) as well as "Soul Food" (the movie). He was also in "I Still Know What You Did Last Summer" playing opposite Brandy. His child from a previous relationship is from his relationship with ex-wife Malinda Williams, another actress.

8. Awww! I've always liked Mekhi. Congrats to him & his fiance!

9. Congrats:tup::tup:

10. Aww..I bet it is a beautiful baby! Congrats to them!

11. That is likely one gorgeous baby! :smile:

12. sorry to be off topic but i really think this guy shouldn't ever come to my country... in here mekhi is like a slang for vagina :roflmfao:

13. DITTO!!

14. aww I bet that baby is adorable! Mekhi Phifer is a hottie lol!

15. Lol @ the originality of his son's name. But yeah, congrats and stuff.