Meet The Hyped-Up Cast Of 'Gossip Girl', Better Than 'The OC'?

1. [​IMG]

'Gossip Girl' is a new CW series, based on novels by Cecily von Ziegesar, that follow a group of socialite teenagers who live in the glamorous and sophisticated Upper East Side of New York City. These wealthy teenagers live the high life. They love to shop, party and drink. But like all teenagers, they deal with sex, drugs and problems with their friendships and relationships. The narrator, is an unseen character (voiced by Veronica Mars' Kristen Bell in the TV series) who runs a blog about the lives of these teenagers, and is always on the lookout for the scoop on everything and everyone. The series premieres Sept. 19. Check out the cast introductions, will this be the new 'OC' and even better?

Here are the introductions/clips
  2. I'm SO excited for this. I read the books a few years ago. Hope the show is just as good!
  3. I dunno, New York, even the richest block, is just not going to be the same as those little Orange County enclaves.

I mean, on the OC, they did a whole episode about the day it rained...
  4. I've read one of the books before LOL. They're entertaining but nothing anyone should take too seriously.

I doubt the show will live up to the books. But then what do I know. This might become like Sex and the City all over again.
  5. Im sorry, but I hate the books.........I read the whole series, thinking that they would get better over time, but they didnt........

I wonder if the TV show is gonna be like the books AT ALL
  6. Unfortunately, I will most likely watch it :rolleyes:
  7. I really want to watch that... I just hope it'll air here!
    I love the books a lot and I'm a fan of the OC, so I'm expecting a lot of the series! I haven't seen these previews though - thanks for posting! :smile:

I don't know if you've seen the sneak peak yet, but this is it:
  8. I hate to admit it...but I know I'll be tuning in...I like the OC when it first started but it got pretty old pretty fast for me and I hadn't watched it much in it's last couple of seasons..
  9. I'm feeling meh, about it, but I will probably tune in, just to see what the fuss is about...
  10. I loved the books but I don't think the TV show will be as great.
  11. I liked the books. Definately going to watch this.
  12. The OC got real old for me (after season 1). I will tune in to see what all the hype is about.
  13. Interesting!
  14. I CAN NOT WAIT!!! lol. I have read all the books, I thought they were fun. Im looking forward to the show.
  15. OMG! I'm getting all excited just reading this forum!
    A Gossip Girl tv series is definately too good to be true!
    I can't wait! Go Blair! =)