Meet Meredith!

me too.. the slate colour is sooo beautiful. How do you like the meredith? i'm thinking of getting one as well, it's either meredith or nina.. i need an everyday bag but i really like the chain on nina..grr.. so many to choose from?

Sorry to say, I haven't even carried it yet!! I've been on such a "bag binge" this month, that I haven't had the chance to use all my new bags!!! I hope to use it soon, but I may wait til fall to use it.

One thing I can report is that the leather is pretty inconsistent. I actually started another thread when I first bought this bag because I noticed several areas of the bag that were "spotted" and/or looked like leather rubs (mainly on the bottom of the bag - one corner to be exact). The more I look at it, and have seen pics of other Koobas made from similar leather, I think it's just the inconsistency of the lambskin (apparently, lambs are like most of us humans and have imperfect skin!). I think this is the type of inconsistency that Kooba notes on their hang tags.

I think if I were buying this bag in person, I would have chosen a more "perfect" bag, but I bought this from lninos so I got it blindly (it was a special order).

Overall, I luv the bag - it reminds me a lot of Miu Miu's Coffer bag, which I've lusted after since it first came out (but sadly, will never own :sad:) It has a longer shoulder strap which can be hung cross-body, and the leather is wonderfully soft. (I luv the way the leather looks all along the inside "lip" and hope that the body of the bag starts to look like that after being used). I also LOVE the color. I don't have any other bags in grey, so it's pretty unique among my collection of handbags.

As long as you don't mind a few minor inconsistencies in the leather, I'd highly recommend it - or at least in a darker color (like black and/or dark brown). It's a great size and has a great look hung cross-body (and if that's not your thing, it has a shorter strap you can carry on your arm). As soon as I have the chance to carry it, I'll definitely report back!