Medium Patent Stamped Tribute Tote Arrived

Samantha, I have a question that maybe you can answer.

When this Tribute tote first came out last season, it was referred to as "stamped," which I thought meant that it was embossed with a croco/gator design.

Now, however, the bag is being referred to as "quilted" by my YSL SA and on ysl.com. In other words, it is stitched, like a quilted Chanel bag, in a croco/gator pattern. (Yours appears to have stitching to me.)

So my question is, are there two versions of this bag? Or was it "quilted" all along?

attachment.php

Attachments

• tribute.jpg
    tribute.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 130
Aahh, I almost mentioned this in my first post about the bag. I was surprised to see it was quilted not stamped. Big difference IMO. I ordered through BG and the description does say quilted. I don't remember where I saw stamped. To my knowledge this is the only way it comes. I do wonder how the threads will hold up.

I actually prefer the quilting. For some reason, I've always thought of "embossed" croco bags as sort of chintzy and inexpensive. To me, quilting makes it seem more high-end and luxurious. (Probably because of Chanel, lol!) It makes me want the bag more.

I bet the threads on yours will be fine. The stitching looks very small and tight, reducing the possibility that it will snag or loosen up. Don't worry! :yes:

I'm really hoping that YSL does this quilted Tribute tote in the cypress green color that is available for the Downtown...

Samantha, good to see you here. Your Tribute tote is absolutely gorgoues. It's so chic! You're making me take another look at this. Oh, I absolutely must not, I have only just gotten a BV Campana and the large Muse. And I'm still waiting for the Rive Gauche. I agree YSL makes the best patent look. Almost gotten the black patent Muse but opted for the Anthracite instead, for a change. Congrats on the fab chocie!

Oh I really want this bag in the large... it's quite a flat bag though, how is it when you put things in it which aren't so flat?

Cicciolina, it is a flat bag but it does accomodate larger items. It just looks filled out and not in a bad way. I would love to see modeling pics of someone wearing the large. I have seen the large on celebs and sometimes it looks fantastic i.e. Cameron Diaz and sometime it looks super long to me i.e. Drew Barrymore.

Samantha, good to see you here. Your Tribute tote is absolutely gorgoues. It's so chic! You're making me take another look at this. Oh, I absolutely must not, I have only just gotten a BV Campana and the large Muse. And I'm still waiting for the Rive Gauche. I agree YSL makes the best patent look. Almost gotten the black patent Muse but opted for the Anthracite instead, for a change. Congrats on the fab chocie!

Hi there ms piggy:smile: Good to see you here too. Thanks for the sweet compliment. I loved this bag the moment karo posted it in ysl celeb section. Sounds like you just bought two gorgeous bags(love, love the Campana) with another on the way. Enjoy! See you in BV;).

this is my first post here onthe YSL forum. congrats on your tribute! it looks stunning on you. i would love to get the large size myself. do you think the patent leather will hold up well?

this is my first post here onthe YSL forum. congrats on your tribute! it looks stunning on you. i would love to get the large size myself. do you think the patent leather will hold up well?

Thanks robotdoll. I just don't see this as a rugged everyday bag if that is what you are looking for. The patent is soft because it is quilted and it has stitching. Great if you are not lugging it around but instead using it for dress or easier light days. I will take it to the grocery store just not a full day of errands.