Mederma Skin Care for Scars

1. Anyone ever use it? I have heard nothing but good come from this product and just wondering if any of you ladies have tried it and what your outcomes were. I have a few acne scars from when i was younger and they are quite annoying so im going to give this stuff a shot and see what happens.

[​IMG]

2. My brother uses and it worked great!

3. Useful thread, I am also interested in anyone's experience.

4. I used it on some acne scars a few years ago and also on a scar I had on my hand from some stitches. It worked wonderfully! I HIGHLY recommend this product. If I ever need to remove scars again, I will definitely turn to Mederma. One of my best friends had horrible skin in high school and her dermatologist told her to use this to clear the scars when we were in college. Even though her marks were a couple years old, Mederma still made them fade.

5. Does anyone know if you can buy this product in the UK?

6. I'm currently using this too!! And now, my concealer is being used less and less regularly...

7. do you think it would clear the annoying red marks after a breakout (that seem to take FOREVER to go away)?

8. Just got it today! Can't wait to start using. I'm curious about how long it takes for you to start seeing a difference?

9. as personal opinion - i love this stuff !!!
    as a future pharmacist - I love this stuff even more b/c it actually works
    the earlier you use it after scar tissue forms the better the results, but it will minimize the redness and the roughness of any scar of any age

i dont know if they have them in UK but if you search on eBay you can get it very cheap - the retail on it is usually around $16 for 20oz.

FYI - they have a kids mederma as well - great for the knees and elbows :smile:

10. I've used it and I think it works well. I had to have 2 moles removed on my neck, pretty much straight down from my right eye (to give you an idea on the placement). Since they were on my neck and the skin is so sensitive there, the procedure left scars. It seriously looks like a vampire took a chunk out of my neck. It bothered me when I got it done, so I started using mederma and it greatly reduced the color of the scars, it helped smooth the edges and the skin is not as rough. I usually used it 2 times a day. You can still see my scars and they still bother me sometimes. But at least I don't feel like they're jumping off my neck and screaming "look at me, look at me".

I've even used it when I've stretched some of my piercings. I'll stretch them and then about a week later, when they're practically healed, I'll put a little mederma on for an extra bump in the right direction.

11. I didn't have much luck with it on my acne scars. If I'm not mistaken, Mederma works better on raised scars?

12. It is a great product for scars! You have to be dilligent in using it and it's a bit pricey but worth the money.

13. I think I'll be the first one to give it a not so good review. I have a big scar on my hip, kind of like the one shown on the mederma box. I used it religiously for several months. The only thing it did was make the scar smoother to the touch (a little flatter, if it makes any sense). It did not flatten it out completely or eliminate the red color. I saw some improvement, but it did not completely eliminate my scar.

14. are your acne scars indented or still superficial?

I have superficial acne scars, and I just went to a derm the other day and she wants me to try this bleaching regiment at home. the stuff is expensive, so she gave me a sample to use at night, applied with a Q tip. THere should be results in about a month so if it does, I'll report back.

15. I'll have to give this stuff a try.