Medela Pump in Style Advance

1. Hi ladies!

Wonder if any of you have used or are using the Medela Pump in Style Advance? Do you love it?

2. tammy- based on some Amazon reviews, I heard that the original PIS may be better than the PIS Advance for some moms. I think it has to do with the mom's ability to "let down." Not sure what that really means, since I haven't started breastfeeding yet.

3. I used it with my 1st child (from birth at hnome and then at work from 4 months to about 8 months) and am currently using it with my son (1 month). It works fine for me but I have nothing else to compare it to since I haven't used any other pump. A friend of mine used it once (with her attachments) and mentioned that she liked the one she was using better (the original, probably the one that TammyD is talking about above). She and I pumped together at work for a couple of months and she always has more milk however, her child was a boy, and mine a girl (our kids were born 3 days apart) and he was much bigger than my daughter, and I was also supplementing with formula.

Anyhow, wish you the best of luck finding a pump that works for you!

4. I've owned the regular pump in style with my daughter and the advance with my son. I gave my original to my sister (she bought new attachments) and broke it! I ended up using the advance with my son and it worked just as fine for me. I really didn't notice a difference in either. I think the only real difference would be the let-down button. Once your milk starts expressing, you can press the button and the regular suction for expressing starts. I loved both pumps and used both as much as I could.

5. Hi there

I have the PIS Advance and love it. I used a manual Avent Isis previously and while this worked fine, I wanted something more suited to frequent pumping. (I have a low supply this time around and I do it several times a day.) Medela's custom-sized breast shield attachments :shame: improved the performance even more.

Overall, the PIS definitely gets more milk than the Isis for me - and the extra bonus is that it's faster! I still haven't mastered the double-pump co-ordination though, LOL.

All the best. :smile:

6. i am using it right now and find it pretty good. then again i have nothing to compare it with:tup:

7. I have the PIS Advance and love it. I used a manual Avent Isis previously and while this worked fine, I wanted something more suited to frequent pumping. (I have a low supply this time around and I do it several times a day.) Medela's custom-sized breast shield attachments :shame: improved the performance even more.

[/quote]

This is exactly my experience! I have the Avent ISIS too and while I love it, I find the standard flange a little uncomfortable. Medela's custom-sized attachments are definitely a plus of me.

8. I used the original pump-in-style with my oldest son and it was wonderful (I used it at least 5 days a week while at work for over a year). For my second I used the pump-in-style advance and although I loved it as well, I had a bit more of a problem with milk backing up into the tubes, etc. I love the Medela pump more than any other, and all my friends who've used the PIS swear by it as well.

By the way, if you are looking, there are lots of good deals out there - I just got a new one (3rd baby now and my breastpump somehow 'disappeared' during a major move) online (US store) for $269 including shipping. Here in Manila a new PIS costs over $700!!!