Medallion Tote Strap Length

1. I just bought a black Medallion tote and had a quick question for everyone that has one. I noticed that my strap drop is slightly shorter than my friend who has the same purse but bought it about a year ago. Mine measures 6 inches from the top of the handle to the bag. Is this the same as everyone else's? I didn't know if the straps were recently shortened. Although I love the purse, the longer strap on my friends purse makes it a little more comfortable to carry under the arm. Thanks for all your help!

2. Congrats on your new bag, and welcome. :flowers: I just measured the drop on my Medallion tote, and its about 6 1/2 or 6 3/4 inches. Mine is about two years old, though, so perhaps the straps have just stretched/softened a bit from wear over time???? :shrugs:

3. Thanks for measuring yours! That is definitely a little longer than mine. Hopefully they will stretch out a bit with some wear!

4. ^^^I seem to recall from when I purchased my Medallion tote (at a Chanel boutique) that the drops varied slightly from batch to batch, especially for those bags made in France versus those made in Italy. If its really bugging you, perhaps you could take your bag back to your Chanel SA and compare it to a couple of others.

5. Is the length at the top a lot shorter than the bottom? I have heard people who have older Medallion totes say it can be hard to get things in and out due to the tapered top and am wonderng if the newer bags are the same.

6. I just bought the Medallion and mine is made in Italy. The length of the strap to the bag is a little over 6" measuring from the underside of the strap. If I measure from the top including the bit of the strap it measures about 6 1/2 inches.

7. I bought my purse at Saks since I do not have a Chanel boutique nearby. I did look at a couple of other medallions but the straps were all the same. The only one which was slightly longer was a beige one. I am thinking I will call a Chanel boutique and ask. I just wish it was a bit longer so that it would fit a little better under my arm.

8. Yeah mine fits perfectly underneith my arm with no complaints. If yours doesn't then something is definitely off. I bought mine at Nordstrom if that helps.