Maybelline Waterproof XXL Mascara

1. Does anyone here have experience with Maybelline's water proof XXL?

I recently purchased it on a whim along with the define-a-lash mascara from CVS (it was buy one get one free), and though I love how it is waterproof and manages to stay put alllll day long.... I am having trouble washing it off (perhaps it stays put a bit too well). I am currently using Maybelline Expert Eyes 100% Oil Free Eye Make-Up Remover in conjunction with my normal face wash, but I still feel like I'm not getting it off completely. Any recommendations for washing off waterproof mascara? Thanks!

2. use a dual phased remover and qtips. i use the neutrogena one, can't remember the exact name. as long as it's a dual phase (shake it and the two layers combine), it's pretty effective in removing wp mascara. good luck!

3. Vaseline will take any kind of makeup off and it's safe to use. It's actually an old trick for makeup artists. You just have to be gentle wiping it off, because it's so thick and skin around the eyes is delicate.

4. I second the vaseline recommendation. :tup:

5. Baby oil is another good and cheap makeup remover, for all kinds of cosmetics. Just moisten a cotton ball and wipe it off, the makeup comes off, including mascara and eye liner. Another good makeup remover is Body Shop face oil.

6. Hmm.. my eyes are sensitive, so I try to avoid oily substances near them. I think I will try the dual phased stuff and see how that goes. If that doesn't do it, then maybe I'll switch back to regular non-waterproof mascara.Thanks ladies!!!

7. I third the Vaseline recommendation! :biggrin:

8. Lancome eye makeup remover!! hands down.

it is such a gentle formula, that it can get in your eyes and it wont sting or anything.

just take a cotton pad or ball and apply the stuff, apply to your eyes (no need to rub) and done!!

I use it all the time, and I NEVER get raccoon eyes the next morning!! highly recommend

9. I hated that mascara for that exact reason. It would never fully come off and the next day I would have black all around my eyes.

10. I definitely agree!! Lancome Bi-Facil is hands down the best eye makeup remover ever. I also have super sensitive eyes and skin and it doesn't sting at all.
    I have no clue how expensive it is though, my mom gave me hers after she had to stop wearing eye makeup for medical reasons. Vaseline might be better in the price area, i dunno :shrugs:

11. I don't like waterproof mascara. But I do use this. It gets off makeup without stripping your skin or leaving it dry. It is also not oily on your skin.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Shiseido Revital Deep Cleansing Oil

[/FONT]
    [​IMG]