Review Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Treatment Concealer

nc.girl

Girly Gear Head
O.G.
Dec 10, 2010
I just bought this concealer last night, after seeing a lot of raves about it over on Makeup Alley. I am always searching for that perfect concealer...the one that covers dark areas, doesn't crease, doesn't settle into fine lines, or slide off and disappear during the course of my day. I was beginning to think I was searching for a unicorn, because I've tried so many concealers from cheap to pricey with no luck in finding my HG. Until now.

This concealer works great for me! It glides on smoothly, and really covers my darker areas toward the inner corners of my under eye areas. I have had it on since 6am this morning, and it's now just a few minutes after 2pm here. This concealer has stayed on great, and it has not creased or settled into my fine lines at all. I didn't set this concealer with any powder at all, because sometimes it seems like the setting powder tries to settle into my fine lines. I'm really surprised that this concealer has stayed on this long since I didn't use any type of powder to set it. I think my eye area looks brighter and more refreshed with this concealer as well.

There are 6 different shades available, and surprisingly I was able to find a perfect match for my skin. I bought the "Fair" color, which is the lightest shade and has a slight pinkish tinge to it- perfect for my cool skin tone.

The applicator has an eraser-looking sponge tip, which some people love and some people hate. I love it, because it distributes the concealer evenly. I do still go back and blend with my BeautyBlender after I've applied the concealer, just to make sure it's completely even and blended in well. Maybelline says the sponge tip is anti-microbial, for those concerned with germ issues. It does take a few dozen turns to get the product to start flowing, so do be aware of that. I was beginning to think I'd gotten a dud after turning the collar quite a few times, but it finally started coming out after turning it a little more.

I can't speak for the anti-aging benefits just yet, because I have only used it once. It would be great if it did actually help prevent or treat fine lines, but I won't be disappointed if it doesn't. I've got under eye treatment creams for that.

I am very pleased with the amount of product you get, too. It's 2oz, which should last me quite awhile since I am only using it under my eyes. I paid close to $10 for this concealer at Kmart, but I'm sure it's a little bit cheaper at Walmart. Kmart just happens to be close to my house, and I was too impatient to wait until tomorrow to buy it during our regularly scheduled grocery night at Walmart. Even if it's not cheaper elsewhere, I think it was a great buy for me. It works as well if not better than some of the higher-end concealers I've tried. I will definitely purchase this product again.

I never thought anything would sway me from my beloved cle de peau concealer, but I find myself reaching for this instead! And, it's about 1/9 of the price!

I tried it, too, based on all these recommendations and it really is great! I also use Trish McEvoy Instant Eye Lift which is awesome! But way more expensive! LOVE TPF! :tpfrox:

nc.girl said:
I just bought this concealer last night, after seeing a lot of raves about it over on Makeup Alley. I am always searching for that perfect concealer...the one that covers dark areas, doesn't crease, doesn't settle into fine lines, or slide off and disappear during the course of my day. I was beginning to think I was searching for a unicorn, because I've tried so many concealers from cheap to pricey with no luck in finding my HG. Until now.

This concealer works great for me! It glides on smoothly, and really covers my darker areas toward the inner corners of my under eye areas. I have had it on since 6am this morning, and it's now just a few minutes after 2pm here. This concealer has stayed on great, and it has not creased or settled into my fine lines at all. I didn't set this concealer with any powder at all, because sometimes it seems like the setting powder tries to settle into my fine lines. I'm really surprised that this concealer has stayed on this long since I didn't use any type of powder to set it. I think my eye area looks brighter and more refreshed with this concealer as well.

There are 6 different shades available, and surprisingly I was able to find a perfect match for my skin. I bought the "Fair" color, which is the lightest shade and has a slight pinkish tinge to it- perfect for my cool skin tone.

The applicator has an eraser-looking sponge tip, which some people love and some people hate. I love it, because it distributes the concealer evenly. I do still go back and blend with my BeautyBlender after I've applied the concealer, just to make sure it's completely even and blended in well. Maybelline says the sponge tip is anti-microbial, for those concerned with germ issues. It does take a few dozen turns to get the product to start flowing, so do be aware of that. I was beginning to think I'd gotten a dud after turning the collar quite a few times, but it finally started coming out after turning it a little more.

I can't speak for the anti-aging benefits just yet, because I have only used it once. It would be great if it did actually help prevent or treat fine lines, but I won't be disappointed if it doesn't. I've got under eye treatment creams for that.

I am very pleased with the amount of product you get, too. It's 2oz, which should last me quite awhile since I am only using it under my eyes. I paid close to $10 for this concealer at Kmart, but I'm sure it's a little bit cheaper at Walmart. Kmart just happens to be close to my house, and I was too impatient to wait until tomorrow to buy it during our regularly scheduled grocery night at Walmart. Even if it's not cheaper elsewhere, I think it was a great buy for me. It works as well if not better than some of the higher-end concealers I've tried. I will definitely purchase this product again.

New reply