Maybe we should have a forum for the under 18 group?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I like the idea that tpf is safe for all ages, but maybe we could give the under 18s their own section to play in? I'm not proposing that we ban them from the regular forum, but that we give them a special area in which they can hang out and feel comfortable being goofy teens, as opposed to feeling bad for posting their goofiness in the regular forums.

2. Seems like a good idea to me!

3. I am highly offended at the suggestion that I am less mature than my elder peers on this forum simply because I'm a minor and find The Snorks' comment to be very condescending. I do not need to be corraled into a seperate section and find that "goofiness" and irresponsibility transcend age. I have already had my Market Plaza membership unceremoniously revoked after 3 successful transactions with no reason given other than that I don't meet the age requirement implemented earlier this year- do I need to be demoted futher to remind me that I am essentially a second-class member of this forum?

4. ITA with ValleyOppressed, couldn't have said it better myself. I was offended by the OP's comments. Even though I am just short of becoming legal, it still offended me. It's seems if we all aren't of age, then we have nothing to contribute to the forum but goofiness, and we need our own little section to "play" in.

5. I am well ABOVE the over 18 group and I dont agree. Reading comments and posts from EVERYONE is what makes tPF fun. Segregating the younger members to a "kids" forum is wrong. I always hated eating at the kids table on holidays, I wanted to be with everyone else. didnt you? And, just an opinion on my part, some of the younger people on here are way more mature than some the older members!

6. The age requirement for the Marketplaza was a necessary step that Megs and I had to take in order to protect ourselves legally, not because we wanted to demote anyone to second-class member status. Big difference.

The segregation of young and old is not going to happen on tPF. I am quite confident that members of all ages can function together without getting in each other's way. :idea:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.