Matinee...with chain?!

1. I was doing my usual daily web-stalking of all things Minkoff this morning on the intertubes when I came across this:

[​IMG]

What the....Matinee? With a chain?

Found it on a (presumably) Japanese website. Wonder if they sell it with a chain, and if the chain is also by RM, and if they were ever sold like this in the US! Normally I love lots of hardware, but with the chain and the tassels and the flaps, it almost looks like too much. What do you think? More pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Is that the.....chain that was selling on RM's site for like $35 bucks?

3. I don't think so, because I remember the "official" chain having clasps that were too big to fit on the Matinee! ...on another note, is anyone else having problems accessing the online shop on RM.com?

ETA: Just wanted to take a look at the chain there and see if was the same, GUNG! Must just be my browser...

4. Nope, I'm in! What are you looking for?

5. Whoa, that's a bit too much for me!

6. Usually I think these types of chains give a bag a kind of rocker/edgy look that I like, but on this bag - since it already has tassles - I do think there's a lot going on. Same with bag charms and stuff.

Does it make any sense that the chain sold by RM didn't fit the matinee? What's up with that?