Matching Sets or Individual Pieces

Matching earrings and bracelet = anytime.

Matching earrings and necklace = only some times.

I will buy sets, however, as I like having the option. More often than not I'll wear them seperately, but it's like buying a good suit: if you can get it in all the pieces, do it, and leave your options open.

**Exception: if it is antique, I will always, always buy the set if given a choice and it is something I want.

I buy both. For everyday wear I like to mix and match fun, quirky pieces. For very formal occasions though, I feel that sets make much more of an impression as long as one is not decked in the same design from head to toe (necklace, bracelet, earrings and ring is too much most of the times unless they are really subtle).
I also agree that having the whole set gives you the flexibility to wear it more. If I am wearing a high collar, I cannot wear the necklace, if I am wearing long sleeves, I skip the bracelet, etc...

Kellybag said:
I buy separate pieces...I suppose you could price them seaparate, but also state if you buy the set you can give the purchaser a break in price. That may motivate someone as well to purchase a set.

That's what I do.

no sets ever in fact if i see something in a set it makes me like it less. I like to have my diamond studs in and then maybe a rose gold necklace and my tennis bracelet which is white gold...i mix everything i hate matchy matchy

marspalm said:
no sets ever in fact if i see something in a set it makes me like it less. I like to have my diamond studs in and then maybe a rose gold necklace and my tennis bracelet which is white gold...i mix everything i hate matchy matchy

Really??? Wow...that is hard core. LOL :smile:

What if, like a necklace is shown and then "suggested" below is the matching earrings or bracelet? But they aren't photographed together or anything.

You know how sometimes stores have an "if you like this, you might like these" type thing. My new site should have this kind of thing. I can't wait!