Massai or Picotin?

SoCal :roflmfao:

D, oooh you know once I clean out my Coach/Kate Spade bags I never use anymore I won't even have a black bag. Hmmm a black Massai or a black Picotin might be nice....:sneaky:

That's true HP, if I got the Picotin I think I probably would take my Evelyne to the city. Unless I wrapped everything up in a scarf or something?

Pelinaka - :lol: That's where I'm at..love both!

HH - I decided to save the Kelly (or Birkin) to celebrate a milestone coming up in 2008 and then the other for my 40th birthday. Next year's bag will be the one bag I buy for the year but I can't go with one of the "big ones" just yet. :flowers:

Tracey - I love your red Massai!!!

HH - the pics are in one of the threads about the Massai...

okay - thanks so much for the cbk pics, i never saw those, and the clarification. well, they are two different bags. and despite your evelyne being a shoulder bag, it is very different from the massai, much much sportier. the massai is quite refined, imo. it's sleek and it's urban. the evelyne is versatile, more versatile i think. the picotin is flirty, girly, dainty - no matter the size, small or large, it's dainty because of how it has to be carried, imo). it can be dressed up or down, depending on the leather/color combo and the occasion you are carrying it for. so first know yourself, and then accessorize accordingly (sound familiar?).

Hmmm, I think I would vote for the picotin - I think it would match well with your style - very cute and sweet. BUT, I would want to see you try on the Masai. I think Ultimate DH should buy both!!! :P

Fopduck, thanks!!!! And ITA, he should :lol: ...but I have a one a year limit from now on (went way too crazy this year with H and LV) Hmm I think H3 rubbed off on him more than the other way around! ;)

HH, you are so right! :yes: Ugh, it's just that the Picotin calls to my flirty/fun side and the Massai to my more refined side. I think I really do need both eventually! :graucho:

Ooooh I love the colors in yours Bababebi! Thanks for the pic!

I ADORE the Massai, but until they make it in a scaled-down size so it looks in the proportions of CBK carrying hers, I can't get one.........boo hoo.....I mean, I'm 5'6", and it still looks like a bag wearing a person.......WHY don't they make different sizes??????????????????????

so, considering you're not 6'1" like CBK, I would go with the Pico, in one of those fabulous two-colour combos!!

CB, for myself i would choose the picotin -- but from having read your other posts i wonder whether you would regret not buying the red (or was it orange?) masai if you do come accross it.

you probably already know this, but you can remove the masai straps, fold the top over and use it as a clutch -- very versatile!

One more vote for the picotin.
I love mine and have been wearing her for a whole week.
I think picotin does look better in a bicolor(mine is the vert anis and blue jean) because it just adds more character to it. You can check mine in the thread (I may not have a birkin but these are just as good.. sorry I don't know how to link).

Thank you all so much for your input!!! I really appreciate it. :flowers:

K, did you try the PM or the GM Massai? The PM fits me well length wise (I a little over 5'7") But as D said I can't wear it messenger style cause it doesn't fit right. :lol: Oh the bicolor picotins are so pretty. Wish I could find a bj/potiron one, or chocolate/orange. :love:

DQ, you are so right! I totally regret not grabbing that potiron Massai I saw in SF but I was too late...went back and it was gone! SO it would be really hard to pass up potiron....or rouge... :shame: I love it as a big clutch too. DH keeps reminding me of that too...you can use it as a clutch! I love how versatile H bags can be!

BSL, I love your Picotin!!!! Love the colors, they are so pretty!
Yorelica, thanks! This is a really tough decision but so much fun to think about! :flowers:

SoCal, :yes: slutty red definitely for Teddy! :lol:

OK, have to stop typing now. My dog bit my finger hard a bit ago and it feels like he broke it or something. :rolleyes: He is such a cranky old man!