Marriage Advice Needed...

1. Here goes...taking a deep husband and I have been arguing a lot lately, and I mean A LOT. I have been through hell and back these past few years due to family problems, and I guess I was dumb enough to think it wouldn't affect my marriage. I won't go into detail of why we've argued as of late, but I've been very hurt and sad by his actions and the people I have been able to turn to have all sided with me without hesitation.

We've both agreed to go to counseling, and so I turn to you all. Has anyone gone before, and does it help heal wounds? I know this is a private matter but any advice would be very helpful. I just don't know where to turn to and sick and tired of 'hoping' things will get better after making up..only to end up fighting again.

Also anyone in the LA/South Bay area with recommendations to any family or couple therapists? TIA.

2. I'm so sorry about your situation, and just wanted to send good wishes and thoughts your way. Hang in there.
  3. im tooo far from the US but im here to hug u and support u :heart:
  4. Sorry to hear about your marriage having issues.
    If things are meant to be they will work out, with or without counseling. In order for counseling to work though both parties much put forth an effort and want to resolve the underlying issues.

I wish you the best,
  5. Oh sweetie, sorry hear of your troubles. Sorry I can't be of any help, but will glady be there for support. Hang in there and try to stay positive. *hugs*
  6. I am sorry to hear about your marriage problems, but the good thing is that both parties are willing to try counseling at this time. I recently posted about my issues and am currently going thru a divorce because my STB Ex was unwilling to go thru counseling and wouldn't entertain the thought.

So in that respect, I wish you all the luck in getting thru this rough time and hope it gets better with counseling, and if not, at least you will have the peace of mind in knowing you gave it everything you knew how to save your marriage in the end. I wish you all the best and hope this saves your marriage. I am sorry that I live in No. Cali and can't give a recommendation.
  7. Sorry about your marriage...

I find that marriage is always a work in progress.I think the more probs you have and work thru together will only make you stronger as a couple.
    Trust me that NONE of us have PERFECT marriages..ever...we always have our issues..cuz we are all human.It cant hurt to try counseling...Ive never done it so i cant say itll help..but it sounds like you need someone to talk to so it may help!
    Good luck and let me know how you are doing.
  8. sorry to hear that, I hope everything works out the best for both you x
  9. Yes, please go if you have the opportunity. I was actually able to refer some clients to a good therapist a few years ago. It saved their marriage. They thanked me. They had the best years of their marriage afterwards and she just died last year of a sudden illness. Good luck to you both.
  10. Woah, I just came across a very insightful website that really helps me understand a lot of our issues. Hopefully it will help others here that may need it as well.

How to Meet the Need for Affection Letter #1

I want to thank everyone for the well wishes and advice. =)
  11. I used to have a practice in Redondo. PM me and I will give you some names of good therapists who work with couples..
  12. Exactly what I was going to say. And if DH decides not to go, you can still benefit from counseling.

Best wishes.:heart:
  13. Irishgal, really nice offer of you :yes:

I don't have any other words of support than good luck and hang in there- you can vent here as much as you would like. i truly hope it all works out the way you would like it to. Hugs :heart:
  14. I think I need to email my husband that list!! I'm sorry there is so much fighting, hopefully with some communication and therapy there will be improvement! Good luck!!:heart:
  15. Thanks everyone for your supportive words. We have def. decided to go to counseling to better our marriage, and more importantly, ourselves.

A big thank you to Irishgal! :heart: