Mariska Hargitay is a new mom!

1. [​IMG]

Law & Order: Special Victims Unit star Mariska Hargitay, 42, gave birth to a baby boy Wednesday at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, California. It is her first child with her husband of almost two years, actor Peter Hermann. The baby boy weighed in at 10 pounds 9 ounces and was born a week after his expected due date via C-Section, a hospital source tells Us. Hargitay’s father, actor Mickey Hargitay, and brother were at the hospital as well.

The couple met on the set of Law & Order: SVU. Hermann, 38, appeared most recently in the film United 93. Hargitay won a Golden Globe Award for Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series in 2005 and as well as the 2004 and 2005 Emmy Nominee, and 2004 Screen Actors Guild Nominee for Lead Actress. She is also the daughter of the late screen siren Jayne Mansfield.

Hargitay’s rep could not be reached for comment.

news from
  2. Awwww yay!!! I love her! Congrats to her and her husband!
  3. Wow, that is a BIG baby! A very healthy weight, but not so easy on the Mom, lol :smile: That is awesome for her, she seems so nice.
  4. I like her a lot! Thrilled to hear this news!!:smile:
  5. yay!! what happy news!!

i hope they name him something normal... :biggrin:
  6. She is just stikingly gorgeous....awesome features.
  7. :lol: :lol: I bet they will, she is very down to earth & not out to grab attention.
  8. That's twice what each of my boy's weighed! (but they were a little early) Goodness:shocked: Good for her though!
  9. YAY!!! She is BEAUTIFUL!!!
  10. How wonderful for her and her hubby. What a big baby boy!
  11. Total happiness and best wishes!
  12. Congrats to the family!!
  13. She's so beautiful, what a big baby. congrats to her and her family. I bet it's a really cute baby.
  14. Aww wonderful, big congrats to them! I love SVU and she is so cute.
  15. I Am So Happy For Her ~ Both Of Them. She's An Amzing Actress (I Didn't Know She Is Jayne Mansfield's Daughter).

Look How Happy They Are ~ What A Great Picture!!! :smile: