Margarine (A MUST READ!!!)

1. [FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Pass The Butter ~ ~ ~ ~ This is interesting . . . . [/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]

[FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Margarine was originally manufactured to fatten turkeys. When it killed the turkeys, the people who had put all the money into the research [/FONT]
    [/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]wanted a payback so they put their heads together to figure out what to do with this product to get their money back. [/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]It was a white substance with no food appeal so they added the yellow coloring and sold it to people to use in place of butter. How do you like it? They have come out with some clever new flavorings. [/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Do YOU know [/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]the difference between margarine and butter? [/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]

[FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Read on to the end...gets very interesting! [/FONT]
    [/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Both have the same amount of calories. [/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Butter is slightly higher in saturated fats at 8 grams compared to [/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]5 grams. [/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Eating margarine can increase heart disease in women by 53% over eating the same amount of butter, according to a recent Harvard Medical Study. [/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Eating butter increases the absorption of many other nutrients in other foods. [/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Butter has many nutritional benefits where margarine has a few only because they are added! [/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Butter tastes much better than margarine and it can enhance the flavors of other foods. [/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Butter has been around for centuries where margarine has been around [/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]for less than 100 years. [/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]. [/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT]

2. [FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]And now, for margarine: [/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Very high in trans fatty acids. [/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Triple risk of coronary heart disease. [/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Increases total cholesterol and LDL (this is the bad cholesterol) and lowers HDL cholesterol, (the good cholesterol) [/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Increases the risk of cancers up to five fold. [/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Lowers quality of breast milk. [/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Decreases immune response. [/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Decreases insulin response. [/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]And here's the most disturbing fact.... ; HERE IS THE PART THAT IS VERY INTERESTING! [/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Margarine is but [/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]ONE MOLECULE [/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]away from being [/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]PLASTIC [/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif].. [/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]

This fact alone was enough to have me avoiding margarine for life and anything else that is hydrogenated (this means hydrogen is added, changing the molecular structure of the substance).

You can try this yourself:

Purchase a tub of margarine and leave it in your garage or shaded area. Within a couple of days you will note a couple of things:

* no flies, not even those pesky fruit flies will go near it (that should tell you something)

* it does not rot or smell differently because it has no nutritional value; nothing will grow on it Even those teeny weeny microorganisms
    [/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]will not a find a home to grow. [/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Why? [/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Because it is nearly plastic. [/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Would you melt your Tupperware and spread that on your toast? [/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]
    Share This With Your Friends.....(If you want to "butter them up")!
    [/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT]

3. interesting. thanks for sharing.

4. I read that a long time ago. Yummy.

5. I have NEVER ever used margerine and neither did my Mom. It was always real butter or nothing. Margerine is gross.

6. Thanks for posting. I didn't know this.

7. I knew I only served my family real butter for a reason!
    My mom warned me years ago not to eat margarine.
    Thanks for posting the info....
    I'll let my mom know she was right!

8. thanks for sharing that info!!!!

we are sticking to low salt butter only now........

9. Thanks for posting! I had NO idea!

10. Thanks for posting that.
    I have known about the evils of margerine for years now ( I am in the food industry).
    Check your food labels for evidence of it, especially in baked goods.
    Butter is the only way to go!!

11. Thank god for my grandmother who raised me up to believe that margarine is evil and that butter is the only thing worth using!

12. Gross... I stay away from hydrogenated fats. Yuck.

13. yeah i've read this one before. thank the lord my parents raised us with the real deal - butter, full fat milk, brown sugar etc...

14. Same here.
    I've always heard that real butter was better for you anyway..especially seeing as how margarine has virtually the same chemical makeup as plastic. :yucky:

15. I grew up on margarine back when all the studies said it lowered cholesterol and was better than butter. I love the stuff.