marc jacobs venetia trauma

1. so i bought a marc jacobs venetia on eBay:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=320200766588&_trksid=p3984.cWAT.m240.lVI

i've had a venetia before as well as several other authentic marc bags (only one not bought at a retailer), so i was pretty sure i knew what to look for...

i received a pm from melly that this bag wasn't authentic, that the RIRI zippers were too pointy (i knew nothing about this as i have many other marc bags and never noticed the "roundness" of the zippers)...

i've already paid for the item and been in contact with the seller, who shipped it out on friday using DHL...

so now i don't know what to do...
    several people are convinced it's a fake, even with the fuzzy pics in the auction, but i am not...
    several people have suggested i refuse the package, but i'm still unsure how that will help me get my money back, especially since with DHL i have to sign for it...
    according to the DHL site, the bag will be here tomorrow...

the seller has been very nice up to this point, so i sent her an email questioning the authenticity, and i'm waiting for a response...

i have gone through this process before with paypal, so i know the drill...
    i bought a stella many moons ago that was an obvious fake (i knew nothing about them), and the seller (who was from another country) took the money and ran, so i didn't get anything back...

2. I saw the bag and emailed the seller about it being a fake, while she had it for sale. It is an obvious fake, not only the zipper but the suede inside looks like felt!!The seller knew it was a fake and sold it anyway. I believe you should get your money back. Was it charged? You can always get the cc to cancel payment if you don't accept it! Good luck

3. I would def. tell her you heard from several people who told you it was a fake bag. This seller has 100 % pos. feedback.
    I bet she would not want to jeopardize that.
    You might have to remind her of that.

Ask for your money back now before she ships to avoid all of these hassles.

Maybe even send her a link to this thread!

4. Muggles, did you get a response?
    If so, can you save it and pm it to kimair?

5. an update from the seller...

she said the bag was bought at a department store and has all the original tags (which were shipped with the bag)...

i just sold a stella on eBay that was purchased at Neiman Marcus, and i included the marc jacobs tag and the neiman's tag with it, so that doesn't seem strange to me...

gro3602...the bag has already been shipped...
    according to DHL, it will be here tomorrow...

6. Anyone with a plastic tag thing can put a new tag on any item.....Just because it says new with tags does not make it true in all cases.

7. The bag pictured in that auction is fake. Some fake bags come with tags; they aren't a sole indicator of authenticity. Also, there have been cases where fake bags are returned to department stores and later resold to unsuspecting customers. I hope you can get your money back.

8. Well, if the bag has been sent and you can't send it back, I think that you should inspect the bag and have it authenticated with clearer pictures. If it turns out to be a fake, then persue it through paypal and eBay. The seller did say:

I will accept a return on the bag only if the winner finds that something in my posting is not accurate. I am an honest seller, and would never intentionally mislead a buyer. Hope this helps!

Hopefully she will honor her words. Good luck and keep us posted!

9. i showed the seller the pics posted by melly and thithi, among others of the zipper comparison, and asked if i could receive a refund if it wasn't authentic, and this was her response...

as gro said, she has 100% feedback and has been very cooperative...
    she probably doesn't want to jepordize that...

thanks everyone for your help...
    this had definitely turned me off ebay for a while...

10. Maybe - JUST maybe this was a camera angle issue...(doubt) but wishful thinking for you...

However, I am really uncomfortable that this seller was contacted in regard to the authenticity by other Ebayers and she sold it anyway instead of pulling the listing and authenticating first. Which, had she done so, she would have discovered it was fake and she could have returned to the department store she purchased it from. She could very well be the victim of the bait switch at the dept store but getting word from others and not being proactive about determining the authenticity herself while the listing was running is really poor judgement IMHO.

Again - MAYBE it was just bad pics... Please post when you get the bag if you are going to take the route of opening and confirming suspicions - IF I were you I would film the arrival and opening of the package just as a precaution so the bait and switch isn't thrust back in YOUR direction. Hopefully, the seller lives up to the reputation she has thus far. Good Luck!

11. Q: Hi! What is the interior color of this bag? What is your returns policy? Thank you and happy new year!Dec-31-07A: Hi there, The interior of the bag is a petal pink suede. I will accept a return on the bag only if the winner finds that something in my posting is not accurate. I am an honest seller, and would never intentionally mislead a buyer. Hope this helps!

Look at this question/answer!!! I found this on the listing. You are TOTALLY entitled to a refund. "Not accurate" (she said it's authentic - it is definitely note!)

12. Kimair,

I am truly sorry that this happened to you. I too purchased a fake Venetia, even after having an authentic one - but I did not know what to look for and assumed it was the same quality. Well after authenticating here I was told that it was fake. I immediately contacted the seller, eBay and Paypal. Upon receipt of the bag I took detailed shots of everything, including the packaging. I told the seller that the bag was indeed fake as it authenticated at my local Saks. That was a fib, but shoot she lied to me with a fake. Anyway, I escalated to a claim, placed the documented pics in a document with date and my hologram and returned via Federal Express. After I sent the information to Paypal, they checked and finally released my monies. One thing that I did learn from this was that Paypal would prefer the bag not to be sent back to seller, but to them. This was told to me when I contacted an agent. Maybe others have heard differently but I had already sent it back. Now I am trying to have the listing pulled so that no other person will be taken by this fake.

Sorry, but your bag had the same zippers that my fake did. I hope that you get your money back as promptly as I did, but I would suggest that you document with pictures of the item upon receipt. JMO

HTH

13. Any update? I have my fingers crossed for you!

14. just wanted to update everyone that i did receive the bag, and the zippers were indeed off, ever so slightly. i compared them to the RIRI ones on my authentic stella, and they were slightly pointed...
    all of the other details on the bag were authentic...the suede was super soft as well...
    i emailed the seller and let her know, and she refunded my money...
    she was very cooperative throughout the entire process, and i really don't think she wanted to defraud me...
    thanks so much for everyone for their help throughout all of this...i will definitely authenticate first, bid later from now on!!

15. Glad that it worked out for you so smoothly.