Marc Jacobs Stam Tags

1. I have just purchased my very first Stam bag. :yahoo: Used, from E-bay. I "think" it is a 2005, but I am not sure. The bag didn't come with a sales receipt. It has an inside tag that reads F05 610. Can anyone tell me what that means? Is it like Chloes handbags where it means Fall 2005? Regardless of the year, I love, love, love this bag! I can't believe what I've been missing! :wlae:

2. Congrats on the new bag! You're right it does mean Fall 2005. I don't mean to be rude, but did you have the bag authenticated before you purchased it? Stams from Fall of 2005 are very frequently faked (including the F05 tag).

3. Thank you Melly! No, you are not being rude. It wouldn't be the first time I would have been had on eBay for a fake handbag! Do you have any hints about the Fall 2005 line & what to look for? I know they look vastly different from a lot of the newer Stams, so its been really hard for me to compare and contrast. I did notice a 2005 Stam on eBay right now with a super cheap BIN that has the same inner tag number, but the tag looks totally cheap compared to mine. My tag does not have stamped numbers but sewed in numbers. Is there a thread about authentication tips? It would be really helpful.

4. I think the best thing you can do is to post pictures of the bag. Things like the nameplate, zipper heads, season tag (the one that say F05), and hardware would help determine the authenticity of the bag. Another option is to post the eBay auction you won so we can take a look. HTH! :smile:

5. Good idea! I will post some pics ASAP. Thank You.

6. OK. Here we go. I'm new to posting pics, so I hope they show up!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Also, if anyone knows the official MJ color of this bag, I would greatly appreciate it!

8. Oh no! I believe this bag is fake. The nameplate is wrong. Is there anyway you can get your money back?

9. Yes, this bag is fake as well. The "R" in Marc Jacobs should have a straight leg, not a curved one. I should also mention that the leather appears to be wrong. I can't explain that one though; it's just something you learn over time. It's also worth mentioning that in general authentic used Stams sell for around $600 or so.

10. Thanks a lot for your help Melly! i really appreciate it.

11. Update: EBay seller apologized sincerely. (I dont think she knew). Getting a full refund + shipping! Thanks again!!!

12. I'm so happy it worked out for you! :yahoo:

13. This is great news!
    I would hate to see you stuck with a fake bag!

14. Glad it worked out for you!