Mania

1. Hi Everyone,
    This is my first real post here (after my intro yesterday) and I wanted to say that I love this site! I think it's great, and there are so many helpful people here! It's a terrific place for information and to learn about new styles.

I have not yet had the pleasure of a really expensive high end bag, though someday I hope to... So far, the best I've had are Coaches, Via Spigas, & Monsacs. I :heart: LOVE :heart: bags that are made in Italy because they really know how to work their leather! Anyway, I recently bought a bag that I liked (at TJ Maxx, btw) and I wanted some advice on it, I'm posting pics below.

The bag is Brown colored suede (cross between a dark cognac and light chocolate), very slouchy and smooshy, which I love! 2 outside side compartments and 1 center large compartment with zippered pocket on one side, cell phone and another pocket on the other side. I love the cool looking straps too. The only thing I don't love is the lining - it's a little stiff, but I can live with it since I like everything else about it. The bag is made in Italy, and is by a brand called Mania. I never heard of this brand before, and when I did a web search, only a few leather bags came up - mainly through a company call Forzieri. I'm not a brand snob, but since I have owned more recognizable brands before, I wondered if anyone had an opinion about the brand called Mania. Do their bags hold up well? Would like opinions on the bag and the company if anyone has heard of it... Thanks for any info and/or opinions!:smile:

bag-1.jpg bag-2.jpg bag-3.jpg bag-4.jpg bag-5.jpg bag-6.jpg
  2. I'm not familiar with the brand, but Forzieri sells generally good quality merchandise. It's a cute bag. I like it.

3. I'm not familiar with Mania either, but it's sure a great-looking bag!

4. Thanks for the reply, ArmCandyLuvr and Pursegrrl. I like it too, I just wish I had a similar style bag in soft buttery leather instead of suede that was as reasonably priced. It was shown as $255.00 with a TJ Maxx price of $149.99. I think it was a pretty good deal for the styling.

I was thinking of getting a Gerard Darel flap or satchel (whichever fits better on the shoulder), from the pic it seemed like a similar style, (just less detailing on the front) though I have not yet seen it IRL.

Problem is I need a black bag now and it seems that all the black bags I've seen look much plainer than a brown or burgundy even in the same style. It turns me off to the black bags because of this. So I have to find one that really turns me on!

5. I found a Mania bag which retails for $500 at....... sit down for this one...

TJ MAXX! I got it for $250.

It's really beautiful. I was surprised to find such a nice bag at a store like TJ MAXX.

6. I like your bag. I never heard of the brand but it looks roomy.

7. Hey there,

I'm newish here too and just wanted to say welcome and that your bag is so HOT!

ETA: I just realized this is an old post, lol. Oh well, the bag is still HOT!!!

8. Love it and I love TJMAXX too. I have found alot of beautiful bags there.

9. You have to look but they have amazing bags. I always get myself in trouble when I go there.

10. That bag looks nice :smile: