Manhatten GM Opinions

it looks close in width and height to the Le fab... would you say its just as heavy ?

BTW congrat's on the new arrival.

Luccibag said:
OOh, love Uma! Thanks for the pic. It is a tad taller than the Le Fab, but its more flexible. It definitely can go on the shoulder if need be, but not really meant for shoulder. Here is a pic of it in comparison to other bags such as le fab. (wow look at the difference of new leather and dark patina on papillon which was my first!)
47b6d828b3127cce8a18a6cb6c9200000026108AZMXDdw2asp

47b6d828b3127cce8a18a6d56c8c00000016108AZMXDdw2asp

JUST GOT IT TODAY!!

I don't think its big at all. I'm on the more petite side and I don't think it looks huge on me. I pack mine pretty full and its not any heavier than any other bag would be it you put the same things in it.

It may be as heavy, but somehow the smooth edges and the fact that the bag is not as rigid makes it slightly easier to carry. It fits on the shoulder just as easily as Le Fab does too.

Luccibag said:
It may be as heavy, but somehow the smooth edges and the fact that the bag is not as rigid makes it slightly easier to carry. It fits on the shoulder just as easily as Le Fab does too.

I agree. I use mine exclusively as a shoulder bag.

I love the style of the GM, but it was a tad too big for me (I'm 5'4" on a tall day) and so ended up with the PM. But if it looks good on you and you love it, more power to you!! Congrats!!!

Luccibag said:
OOh, love Uma! Thanks for the pic. It is a tad taller than the Le Fab, but its more flexible. It definitely can go on the shoulder if need be, but not really meant for shoulder. Here is a pic of it in comparison to other bags such as le fab. (wow look at the difference of new leather and dark patina on papillon which was my first!)
47b6d828b3127cce8a18a6cb6c9200000026108AZMXDdw2asp

47b6d828b3127cce8a18a6d56c8c00000016108AZMXDdw2asp

JUST GOT IT TODAY!!

No pics... just a box with a red x. :sad:

I am 5'5" and I have one. It is a bit heavy, but truly fabulous. And it is easy to get in and out of -- just leave the zipper open and the buckle closed.

I'm 5'8" and I think the Manhattan GM is gargantuan. But then again, I don't like super-huge purses because they encourage me to lug around more and more junk I don't really need.

I originally planned to buy the PM, but decided even that was too huge. So I settled on the Hudson (with the shoulder strap, not the one with the zipper across the front), and I LOVE it.

0o0o, manhattan GM - is like my ultimate LV piece that I just can only dream of having! when i first started looking at LV bags, the SA got it down off the shelf for me and i fell in love! its just beautiful! i love it! i'm just 5'1 and one day... i hope to get one!

YEAH, just stick with the GM!!! and get a PM later! hehehe!

I adore the Manhattan GM but one day I saw a woman strolling around Sephora and the size of it literally make me step back. Hot bag but IMO, a tad large.