Mama Bags and baguettes: are they still in style?

1. Hi there fendi lovers! I was wondering what you fendi experts think about the fendi mama bags and baguettes, if you think they are dated looking and passee? I don't have any anymore, I had a denim mama a ways back and gave it away to a friend.

Then I also had a fake Zucca mama! I accidentally bought a fake zucca fendi mama on eBay 3 or 4 yrs ago and wore it back then but then gave it away to a girl that liked it and always wanted one when I was done with the bag. I was active on the eBay authenticating forum and found out that the seller(theantidote) was arrested a couple of weeks earlier so that's how I found out it was fake(this was a year ago). I felt so betrayed by my bag and disgusted/foolish that I wore it off and on for 3 yrs! After I found out it was fake I so wanted my fake bag back from that girl so that I could destroy it. Unfortunately she loved the bag despite that it was fake even though she knew it was fake and still wanted to keep it. I didn't have the heart to say give it back even though she said, "do you want it back" although I knew she didn't mean it and was just saying it. She actually thought I wanted it back bec. I missed it, and that I wanted to wear it I think! I'm telling you, she LOVED this bag!

It's been a year and this still bothers me. At least if I can tell her the horrid fake is out of style(which I suspect it is anyways, the mama size), then maybe she'll be moved to stop wearing it. My dh on the other hand doesn't want me to embarrass her and says just get over it. I put together a bag of clothing (Juicy, Jean Paul Gaultier, BCBG, and others to tempt her almost like a bribe, take this bag of clothes and just give me back that fake piece of crap) She and her teenage daughters would love the clothes. What would you do if you were me?

2. I took pictures of the bag, very detailed pictures of the bag before I gave it away to her, so I actually have pictures to share for you viewing pleasure. This was a triple AAA fake that was made with quality and care, I never would have been fooled by a cheap fake. I have to go dig them up from my dh's flickr but I'll be back with them!

3. Are those bags really dated? I started a thread on this when I first went into Fendi forum. I have the zucca baquette I purchased about maybe 4 yrs ago. I was thinking its dated but looking at Bluefly, theres some zucca small bags that look very similar. I believe mine is authentic. I decided to keep it and still love it.

4. SD - could you post photos for me, I would love to see it for may Authentification files. Especially, did it have a serial number imprinted on the lining or pocket?'

Also, regarding the Mamas & Baguettes, they are still very much loved among Fendi collectors. The B is a bit small for me, but here is my favorite MAMA bag...it is a newer version of the bag in quilted (silk?) fabric and textured leather:

[​IMG]

This bag is stunning IRL & a show stopper! :nuts:

5. Hey again! The first designer I ever liked was the fendi zucca bucket, it looked like a noe shape, so fendi was my first love, and the mama was my dream bag, I still love it! I gave away my denim mama bec. it had some wear on it and I was a bit of a bag perfectionist. When I went to Fendi a year ago they were still selling the mama so I had my doubts it was out of style and that was only a year ago so how much could have changed in a year. I didn't see zucca mama but saw zuchinno and other materials that were so beautiful.

ok here is the first pic, it's the only one that I have of the outside, unfortunately the bag isn't stuffed so it looks really bad. But when it was stuffed, the shape was very normal and identical to the authentic ones I've seen and handled. It wasn't too flarey on the bottom like the obvious fakes or too narrow for that matter like other fakes.

[​IMG]

6. here are a bunch more...I took very detailed pictures before I gave it to her in case it turned out to be fake like I was beginning to suspect since I checked out the eBay sellers fb who happened to be naru before I gave it to her. I just couldn't believe it was fake, but since I had my doubts I should have kept it to avoid this uncomfortable situation I feel now. The fb for that seller was horrific and they went naru(not a registered user) bec. they had destroyed fb no doubt. How naive was I to look at that fb and not toss the bag right away, that's how good the bag looked, lol. I thought let me just give it away to someone who loves it, those other buyers must be mistaken. The seller came recommended to back then by a girl who only wore auth. fendi, which also puzzles me that she wasn't able to tell. Anyhow, here are a bunch more pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. I can't wait to hear what people think about these pictures!!

9. SD -- thank you so much!!:flowers:

I am getting better at authenticating the older bags, and this one is like a "missing link" for me!

That is a very well made fake, few people would think it was such. The leather is picture perfect in the photos & the zucca fabric & logo lining looks OK from what I see of it. But the serial number, while it is almost correct code, has the wrong fonts. Also the inked in engraving on the underside of buckle is Off. This reminds me of some of the superfakes sold by online retailers....:wtf:

10. Wow! reminds me of mine. I'm off to take pics and will post in authenticate this thread

11. I'm going to see if I can find some more pictures. I know I have one of a close up of the material. And I have another picture of the zipper pull but it's not too clear. I'm so glad to help with your authentication site! One thing I noticed in the differences between this zucca one and the denim mama that I had, was that the inside nameplate, the denim one I had was the older style with the big fendi written and the big FF and it had dashes between the serial number instead of slashes like this one had. The other diff. is that the fendi dustbag, my older one was a bit nicer and the fendi written on the outside in yellow in the bottom corner, it never wore off and this zucca one, it wore off and it was a newer style, that always bugged me. ok, off to look for some more pics...

lorebunde, I got this from the ebay seller theantidote, there were plenty of other triple AAA fake sellers on ebay then and now. I would be terrified to get a fendi bag off ebay used bec. it could have been purchased from one of those sellers and is now being recycled and sold again on ebay from an innocent person who thought they bought a real bag.

12. One more thing...the made in Italy that is engraved on the buckle, the underside of the buckle did not look as clear as the other engraved ones I saw when I went to Fendi boutique and handled/inspected their bags, that was a bad sign for me. I so regret giving this bag to that girl. She's not my friend and is an aquaintance so I feel like an idiot asking for it back. It really bothers me though that I gave someone a fake bag, I feel sort of grossed out by it. I take this stuff too seriously.

13. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. The material was also slightly off compared to the ones I saw in the boutique, but I was so in denial I thought maybe it had changed over the years and mine was just older. The one in the boutique wasn't the exact color mine was and not as stiff, it was softer and a different brown and also sheen.

15. SD -- just an fyi -- some legitimate Fendis have the slashes...that is not a problem, but the last 2 numbers on the serial code, s/b 3 numbers...like 029 not 29, also on the auth fendis of that era (2002 manufacture date code) the "2" looks like a swan. Here is a sample:

[​IMG]

The dust bag & lack of sheen on the Zucca are definite signs of a fake....:sad: