Male SA's and scarves..

1. I was just wondering, are male SA's as proficient at the whole scarves thing? I'm just getting into the world of Hermes scarves and would like to have chats to the SA about them as well as being shown various diff designs and how to wear them, tie them, etc. Those of you with male SA's, can you please share your experiences? Or do you seek out a female SA to help specifically with scarves?

2. Can't help you SS...the stores by me have always had females working with the scarves.

3. Sue - the guys in Sydney alway seem to pealm it off on the girls..having said that, when I was in Europe, I was shown many a scarf "trick" by gentlemen at Hermes - the Hilton in Paris boutique only had two guys there, and they showed me some great scarf tying!
    I also think it's nice to get the male opinion on any pattern/colour choices!

4. Hehehe, thanks K! I think I'll stick with Jacques and see what he does:smile:) I think if he's not expert at scarves, he'll get one of the ladies to help me. Either way, I don't mind. I have a friend who is loathe to have a guy tell her anything to do with women's fashion! Stuff like that never bothers me tho.:graucho:

5. A male SA sold me a Des fleurs pour le dire in the lavender colorway and he was enthusiastic about showing me each scarf. Even more impressive? He knew the story behind the artist's design of the scarf :flowers: and he originally works in the men's RTW department, LOL.

6. That gives me hope, hehe. That SA is keeper, amkur! He must be very passionate about all things Hermes!

7. Our SA at NM yesterday was male. He was so funny and knew a lot about the scarves. :yes: He cracked me up when we were talking about learning French (he was French) and he said "zee easiest way to learn French would be to take a French lover." DH said hey, :wtf: ! :lol:

8. Hahaha.

He and my SA in Paris obviously have a lot in common. Mine was trying to develop our relationship beyond Birkins.

He wasn't even that cute. Ugh.:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

9. Oh no wong! :wtf:
    :lol: Mine was just suggesting it in general (he had a partner!)

10. Mine was defintely on the hunt!!!!!

Which made it really quite disconcerting.

Like dilemma, crochetbella. What do you do if your high performing (by which I mean record of Birkins produced, and not anything else) suddenly pulls this stunt on you??

He even gave me a massive box of chocolates from Maison du Chocolat. Isn't that the reverse of what the SAs do?? I read on another thread that it's nice to show SAs appreciation w/ a follow-up thank you card etc.

11. I'd be happy to have an SA just answer my questions let alone buy me chocolates! Wow. :wtf: :flowers:

12. Eeeeewwwww.

13. Hey, CB, are you sure he wasn't eyeing Mr. Bella?

14. :roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

15. :lol: :lol: