Making the case for Plume Elan......

Pricing on the Kelly Elan GM runs from about $4K for Epsom leather and up (this is before the price hikes). JemznJewels had one for the longest time in Black Aligator that she was selling for $8K. It was gorgeous!!!!!

Lovely shopmom!!! I have to say that I do love my plume in the same way! It is THE lightest bag for sure and I love love the handles!! And for some reason I never feel my bag is boxy -- it holds a lot although it's basically small (mine's the 28)...

HH No feet, no lock, no clochette and ALMOST no place to put a little cadenas either! :sad: But it does lend itself to a pouchette and theres a nice square piece of hardware that connects the handles to the body of the bag that a light-weight cadenas can clip on to. I wouldn't go any heavier than the Pegasus though......

KB I think if I took a family photo it might look like the black hole!!!! LOL!!!! But it might be helpful to see the different styles in Black Box and how you can have more than one black Box bag without feeling like you have too much black, KWIM?

Let me see if I can get it together later in the day......

No problem shopmom! Maybe post it in this thread and in our black color thread if you are especially taking pics of all your black bags together! That would be stunning!!! All yummy box calf!!!:heart: (I am looking forward to it!)

SM, The Plume Elan is my favorite Plume, too! My second time ever at H I saw an Elan Pm in black box and it was the most elegant bag!! This bag is SOOOOO you! I adore it and would love one someday.

Shopmom, I don't think you EVER need to "sell" us on a bag you have chosen. All your bags are the ne plus ultra of understated chic!

That is truly gorgeous, and you wear it fabulously!

ShopMom, you have the prettiest of Plumes......and everyone is right, the Elan is much more attractive than the regular boxy Plumes, although, I do like those too.

I feel the Plume is prettier than the Birkin style, by far.....

Love your Plume elan -- it is chic, and also deliciously flirty with the length of those handles.

10. Plume elan would be perfect for anyone who is super organized, has alot of "flat" accessories i.e. ipod, pda, compact, agenda, etc. I'd have alot of fun organizing with it.

Shopmum, the reasons that you gave for the plume elan are very valid. It is an amazing beautiful bag and it looks good on you!!!
It looks extremely petite but it carrys a lot inside it. It also has such finely crafted handles that are so thin and delicate. And light...extremely light.
I saw one in white with blue jeans interior and trim but white is not my favorite color, vibrato would be my next H purchase.

^^^Beautiful, SHOPMOM!! It looks gorgeous on you, and the BOX leather is YUMMY!:heart: Thank You for all the well stated points!

Do they still make this bag, if you had a hard time finding it?

Your Black Box Plume Elan is lovely, and you dressed it so beautifully. The snail is perfect for this beauty. I love the shape of the Elan, although I saw a Plume carried the other day on the street and it looked wonderful. Thank you for sharing this gorgeous pictures with us.

I think its "discreetness" is the winning factor - everyone will be covertly sneaking peeks in a state of completely chic-envy, wondering which bag it is.... SM sails chicly past, smiling serenely...chuckles...