Maintaining a H relationship

Please focus on the title of this thread rather than each other, TY

If you find it very hard to ignore certain people, please feel free in adding them to your 'Ignore' list.

For advice on how to obtain a B/K/C please go to the reading room in the Reading Room The Newbie's HOW DO I GET A BIRKIN (or other bag) Reading Room

For advice on how to shop at your local store please do a search in Hermes Shopping sub-forum and look for your store/region/country.

Reactions: Etriers and S62708
I brought in some macarons for my SA to share with her colleagues and she seemed appreciate that.

My experience (also in US store) is the same as Mrs. Owen's - I brought back chocolates from France which were gladly accepted and shared with the entire staff. However, my SA was adamant about not taking a tiny little memento that I brought her from Paris. No biggie, she was very gracious but my boutique is strict about only accepting gifts that can be shared among the staff.

Thank you both for sharing your experiences. I think something sweet such as chocolates or macaroons is a great option. I wanted to do something for my SA, but I wanted to be sure I went about it the right way. Your advice definitely led me into the right direction.

Is it appropriate to give your SA a small token of appreciation such as candy or flowers after getting a Birkin? Is this something that is usually done? If so, what are some examples or ideas? I appreciate your responses!

Something to share is best. This last time I brought in a tin of Godiva dark chocolate covered pretzels and they were a huge hit. It's that sweet and salty combo [emoji39][emoji6]

I am going to the Miami store today. Would it be inappropriate of me to buy a bag there? I don't want to offend my sa in another state that has been so good to me. Please let me know. thank you for any help

I am going to the Miami store today. Would it be inappropriate of me to buy a bag there? I don't want to offend my sa in another state that has been so good to me. Please let me know. thank you for any help[/QUOTT
The miami store was a bit of a disappointment...I was expecting lots more from a flagship store.

I am going to the Miami store today. Would it be inappropriate of me to buy a bag there? I don't want to offend my sa in another state that has been so good to me. Please let me know. thank you for any help
I rarely buy anything except from my SA, however, when I travel I make an exception and he understands. I buy a lot from him and a memento of a trip is completely reasonable. I would get something if I were you.

Reactions: Orangefanatic
I rarely buy anything except from my SA, however, when I travel I make an exception and he understands. I buy a lot from him and a memento of a trip is completely reasonable. I would get something if I were you.
I thought that it would be okay. Only bought a twilly as there was nothing there that I couldn't get from my sa. was expecting this store to be much more exciting. Feeling better about not "cheating" on my sa. My sa knows me and has been very kind , especially since I am new to the brand. Thanks for the advice.

I live in Toronto. For you to get a b or k here, you have to buy something else, scarves, watches, etc. and that's how I got my kelly. But
I am just curious, is it the same in every city? Nobody ever walks into a H boutique and get a b or k without buying other stuff/or with no purchase history in that store nowadays?

I live in Toronto. For you to get a b or k here, you have to buy something else, scarves, watches, etc. and that's how I got my kelly. But
I am just curious, is it the same in every city? Nobody ever walks into a H boutique and get a b or k without buying other stuff/or with no purchase history in that store nowadays?

It does happen but yes very rare. May help a little more if you are a local. I was offered a Constance with no purchase history at that store.

Hi
I just wanted to share my experience with the ladies here, who are keen on the B and the K. In 2014, I was in Vegas for a holiday and went into Hermes after dinner asking for a Birkin. Luis the SA, who was very nice and easy to speak with, said no Birkins in store. So I purchased a mini Berline from him. He gave me his card and asked me to call him if I wanted anything else. Because I was leaving the next day, I didn't. Bit of a regret, but oh well. In 2015, I purchased a pair of twillies from the Hermes boutique near me. The SA gave me her card. But I made no effort to keep in touch with her. Maybe. it was because we didn't click, I mean there were no small talk except for the purchase. Then, this year, in May, my birthday month, I went to the same Hermes boutique. Another SA was assisting me this time. I asked for a Hermes Toolbox 20 or a Lindy 26. She told me she had both, and asked me for colors. I told her the color and she came back with the bags. I chose the Toolbox. I had also brought my Lindy 30 (purchased online from the Hermes US website early 2015) to see if Hermes could help do spot cleaning as I had found 2 small white specks at the side. She took it to her craftsman in the boutique, and came back 15 minutes later with the bag cleaned up. The craftsman had also removed some dried nail polish which he discovered on the zipper. I was impressed that it was very thorough inspection. We chatted for a while, I asking her for advice on cleaning and maintaining Hermes bags, and she sharing her knowledge of Hermes leather and colors with me, etc. Although she was young, but she was very eager to share what she knows with me. I appreciated that. I also casually asked her if by any chance they had a B or a K. She said no. After making payment for the Toolbox, she gave me her card together with the receipt. Again, before leaving her, I told her that I was very interested in a B or a K, and gave her my specs. She replied very warmly and said she will bear me in mind. The next day, I emailed her my appreciation and submitted again my specs preferences for a B and/or a K as our wedding anniversary was in October. She emailed back and said she will keep me posted. I didn't hear from her. So, the day before my wedding anniversary, the hubby said I could get anything from Hermes. So, I emailed the SA, asking if a specific Silk Twill Scarf and a Scarf ring were available at the boutique. She replied very warmly again and said that she remembered my bag requests but that none were available at the boutique. However, scarf was available and scarf ring could be sent to my residence. I replied that we would be at the boutique in the later afternoon to get the items, and I mentioned that it was our 7th wedding anniversary.
We (hubby, 3 yo and 6 yo) arrived way past the appointed time, very late due to insane traffic. She was busy with a customer but when she saw me, she came over to greet me, again very warmly, it's like seeing an old friend, and said she would be with us in a moment. But that she just wanted to say Hi and wish us happy 7th wedding anniversary. That she remembered my requests. And although none that fit my specs/preferences, she did have a little surprise for me. Silly me, I thought I would be getting samples of Hermes perfurmes. "It's a B25." "Geranium, but palladium hardware." I waited patiently for her to be done with the customer. Then, she disappeared to behind the boutique, came back with the orange box and brought us to the fashion section of the boutique where there was no crowd, as it was near closing time. I tried the cutie on and yes it's a go! Of course, she gave me a big hug before I left and wished us happy anniversary again. I dropped her an email the next morning again thanking her and she replied warmly ending with the note that I let her know if I have any more requests.
I believe I have started a beautiful relationship.
I will always remember the story behind this Birkin.

Last edited:
Congrats on your Wedding Anniversaryband your B25. Geranium is such a pretty red colour! Loved reading your story and you are right, you have started a beautiful relationship [emoji3]

Reactions: Momoe Mint

I think in general, you need some purchase history to be able to get the 'hard to get' bags. However, I've heard of tourists getting these bags just by walking in [emoji33].I've been offered a black Epsom birkin 30cm without purchase history at the flagship store in NYC. They did check my purchase history though to see if I purchased at other locations.

Reactions: rclimbing