Mahina - Is it worth the price?

Mahina - Is it worth the price?

• Yes

• No

• Pass & go for the classic mono speedy

• Pass & go for the damier azur speedy

Results are only viewable after voting.
jellybebe - you brought up an excellent point :tup: Would you happen to know the retail of the Chanel jumbo flap by any chance?
it depends on reissue, labmsking or caviar, but the caviar is shooting near Mahina XL already if i am not mistaken. It's totally worth it, i love it in both gris and noir :yes: If you don't mind a pre loved LV, there's always great deals on Speedy, but hardly on Mahinas. Between the XS and XL, I'd rather spend few hundred more to get the XL, XS reminds me way too many bags, such as Spy, where as XL is more unique.

Thanks, everyone!

if i could i'd save up for it... but i'll never beable to... if you could save up for it and have that chance of owning it! i really think u should get it!!! especially the XL. and the speedies are always going to be here!!

QTbebe - I won't lie that it will without a doubt put a dent in my bank account (not to mention I'd probably put myself on a purse ban for a year or so! :sweatdrop:). And I agree that the speedies are always going to be there...Oh Mahina, why are you so easy on the eyes yet not on our wallets?? :P

I have the noir XL and I LOVE it. But I have three Speedies as well and love those, too.

Deelove82
- Omgosh, I'm so jealous you have one! But I'm super happy for you that you do! Congratulations!! :yahoo:Do you use your big bag (noir XL) more so than your speedies since you got it?

it depends on reissue, labmsking or caviar, but the caviar is shooting near Mahina XL already if i am not mistaken. It's totally worth it, i love it in both gris and noir :yes: If you don't mind a pre loved LV, there's always great deals on Speedy, but hardly on Mahinas. Between the XS and XL, I'd rather spend few hundred more to get the XL, XS reminds me way too many bags, such as Spy, where as XL is more unique.

Classic Chic - I, too, have heard that the XS is going to resemble the Spy (in both size & shape). If that holds true, I don't mind the XS because I don't have much to carry anyway. But you're right, the XL style is more unique & personally, I think it looks better than the XS (based on the pic from the SS 08 thread). What concerns me is the ginormous size of the XL & how "smooshy" it can be if you don't have lots to put in it. I'm 5'5 & I think it will eat me up! Haha. Plus, I'm worried I won't be able to use it as much as I'd like to...because of its size, KWIM?

Ah! Dilemma dilemma :sad:

i think its totally worth it also! although i don't have it, i'd love to have one and i'm trying to save super hard to afford one =D

juicy_girl
- I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one thinking of saving ridiculously hard for one :tup: We are on the same boat, on the same mission to get the Mahina noir! We are crazy...but in a good way, of course!

That bag is gorgeous but humongous! If you like big bags, I think it's worth saving for because the leather is amazing, it's a great design and very classy but can be worn during daytime as well as night.

Glamazon Huntress
- You said it...it's humongous! I can't even begin to imagine what the XXL must look like :Push:

I have the XL in Gris and am madly in love with it. It's an all-leather perforated bag with beautiful hardware. Compare that to other LVs that are predominantly canvas for 1/2 or 2/3 of the price. I don't even mind being on a one-year ban because all my other bags pale in comparison to my Mahina (ok, except for my Nimbus).

Save and try and get one!!!!

rileygirl - Congratulations on your XL Gris!! :yahoo:I love that the Mahina is all-leather & that it doesn't scream LV like how some other bags do. I love the Gris color too! But I think I'd be too scared to have an almost-white bag, I'd be paranoid about accidentally dirting it.

Personally I think it is absolutely gorgeous and totally overpriced. I think you should try one on or if not possible really take a good look at pics of other people wearing it and bust out the measuring tape to help you decide which size you will be most comfortable with. A lot of times the size of things and realizing I can't rock it the way I want to makes me look for something else. If size is not a concern I think the leather is gorgeous from all the pics I've seen and I think this bag would be a shining star in any collection. So it is definitely worth saving for especially if nothing else floats your boat. My vote is to go for it if its what you really want, don't settle.

PerfectShoe - Totally overpriced is correct. I took a glance at the Mahina clubhouse & from everyone's pictures, it's still quite large (but still radiant!) I'm worried about not being able to use it enough because of its size & I wouldn't like it if it covers more than half/all of my person. I guess that's why I'm leaning more towards the XS size, but the XS' style isn't as nice as the XL's. It's too bad LV can't make an exact smaller version of the XL/XXL.

I agree with not settling :yes:. The Mahina noir is something I know I'd love & use time & time again (not taking into account its size)...just the price (and size) are two big hurdles to jump over first. There's still lots to consider before making the final decision....

Everyone's been wonderful in voting & giving their input in this matter.
I love it! Thank you tpf'ers :heart:

consider your height, XL should be ok, I'm only 1 inch taller than you, and it is not over powering me in anyway. Mahina Club have many pix of owners rocking it in different height, check it out if you haven't. As far as how often you will use it, that's on YOUR personal pref, KWIM? I don't carry much, just Damier Medium agenda, panda pochette for my small items, Coach skinny mini, phone, chanel sunny case, may be water or novel depends on occassion. It looks great 'stuffed' or 'smooshy' :yes:, have you try it on IRL?

I have not seen the xs so I can't tell if it is worth the money. But def. The xl or xxl Leather ones. They are huge leather bag, modern but timeless. Since monogram is per. Line and the price seems to increase every year by percent, I think get the mahina first than the mono speedy

If you love something, then it'll be worth it regardless of the price (high or low).

Between the XS and XL, I prefer the XS for petites and XL for taller gals. Also the XL has uncomfortable handles imo...

uimm.... in case you don't know, the XS is not LE... it's seasonal
not sure for the upcoming XL size, but the original batch was LE.

If you love something, then it'll be worth it regardless of the price (high or low).

Between the XS and XL, I prefer the XS for petites and XL for taller gals. Also the XL has uncomfortable handles imo...

uimm.... in case you don't know, the XS is not LE... it's seasonal
not sure for the upcoming XL size, but the original batch was LE.

CEC.LV4eva - Thanks for the info. Knowing that the originals were LE certainly complicates the situation (ie. whether to just buy the XL now so I don't miss it or wait for the XS & risk the XL being gone). Since they are LE, do you know how long they will be around for? Per se, around end of June? And what did you mean when you mentioned that the XL has uncomfortable handles? Do they sit awkward on your shoulder or are they each too bulky? Do they dig into your shoulder when carried?

consider your height, XL should be ok, I'm only 1 inch taller than you, and it is not over powering me in anyway. Mahina Club have many pix of owners rocking it in different height, check it out if you haven't. As far as how often you will use it, that's on YOUR personal pref, KWIM? I don't carry much, just Damier Medium agenda, panda pochette for my small items, Coach skinny mini, phone, chanel sunny case, may be water or novel depends on occassion. It looks great 'stuffed' or 'smooshy' :yes:, have you try it on IRL?

Classic Chic - o0o that certainly helps with estimating how it will look compared to my person. I've seen your pictures with the mahina & it looks fabulous on you! Unfortunately, we don't have LV boutiques where I live & I've heard it's difficult to locate them since there aren't too many circulating here :sad: So I don't think I'll be able to try one on to see how it looks like...I'm trying very hard to imagine myself with it but it's always different when you see it in person...

jellybebe - I just stumbled upon your thread regarding the XL vs XS dilemma & I'm so excited for you that you're getting one transferred from TO to VAN!!! Have you received it yet or are you still waiting?

jellybebe - I just stumbled upon your thread regarding the XL vs XS dilemma & I'm so excited for you that you're getting one transferred from TO to VAN!!! Have you received it yet or are you still waiting?

Ha ha I guess you didn't stumble upon my other thread about having to take it back. I noticed that you're in Canada too - there are no black XLs left and they're not sure if they will be getting more. I'm still dying for a black one but I may have to get bronze.

Ha ha I guess you didn't stumble upon my other thread about having to take it back. I noticed that you're in Canada too - there are no black XLs left and they're not sure if they will be getting more. I'm still dying for a black one but I may have to get bronze.

Oh no! What happened to make you return it? Are you getting the XS bronze now?
I'm actually not too distant from where you are (I'm in the nextdoor province) & I don't doubt that they are completely sold out. I find that the HR here is slower to get items in.