Mahina - Is it worth the price?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Pass & go for the classic mono speedy

4. Pass & go for the damier azur speedy

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Hi everyone,
    I think I am in love with the mahina, but it is way over my budget. :sweatdrop:
    Do you think the XS and/or XL is worth its price?

I'm contemplating on whether or not to save save save for this LE (?) beauty and pass on the mono speedy and/or the damier azur speedy (since they are permanent lines)...for now anyway.
  2. I don't own one, but lots of gals do! It's a beautiful bag.....I'd save up for it if you can! I'm a huge speedy lover....I have 5, so there's nothing wrong with going for one of those either. It depends on your budget.
  3. the mahina is expen$ive. i've decided to pass on it.
  4. I had this same dilemma, but I decided in the end that it's totally worth it. The Mahina (esp. XL) is a huge all-leather bag that dresses up any outfit but can also be used as an everyday bag. For $1000 less, you can get the MC Speedy, which is made of canvas. For about $100 less, you can get a Chanel jumbo flap, but it's waaaay smaller.
  5. Save save save!
  6. IMHO, I would pass. It's a nice bag, but I think the Speedies are classics. I don't know how long the Mahina will stay in style, even though it is LV. To each their own, but IMHO it doesn't excite me at all. Looks big and baggy like my large leather Gucci hobo (which I don't use that much because it is so big). :oh:
  7. IDK, what does the XS look like?
  8. I dithered over the Mahina at first, but finally jumped on the gris while it was still available and I have never regretted it for a moment. It is a completely lux bag and I bring it out every chance I get and it still delights me as much as when I first decided to get it. I love the size, the leather, the perforations, and it's as light as a cloud to wear. I get tons of compliments whenever I wear it, but it just makes me happy so I'll keep wearing it for years.

I don't think it's going to be quite the same in the XS, more like a Fendi Spy - which is nice but not quite the same.
  9. It really depends on whether or not you would get your money's worth. i love the mahina and I really wanted one, but the truth is that shoulder bags are not for me, especially one that is roomy enough to get super heavy so it was not worth it for me.
  10. To me it is ... because I love big slouchy bags and imo it is timeless! I can use it for the rest of my life and not feel that it is out of style.
  11. IMO - definitely worth it!
  12. Yes :love:
  13. Thanks everyone!

If the mahina didn't retail for so much, I'd have gotten it in a heartbeat!

It's one biiiiiiiig investment to ponder about......
  14. Yes, it's a beautiful bag! I wish I had one!
  15. The price is high but I think the Mahina is totally worth it.

If I had the funds to purchase it ..... I would of got it in both colors already.