Magasin des Champs-Elysees

1. Wanted to share my first experience at the Paris flagship with you all!

I was hesitant to visit after hearing about less-than-pleasant experiences at the famous store. Especially because I wandered in on a very busy Saturday afternoon wearing a Hollister tee, Juicy sweats, no purse and no makeup. I'm sure I was a very sorry-looking sight.

The Champs-Elysees was a very cool shopping experience, what with the larger-than-life boutiques like Sephora, and the car makers' showrooms mixed right in between the clothing stores. It was sort of surreal shopping while walking closer and closer towards the Arc de Triomph! The LV store is huge with large window displays. The multicolor fringe line is being promoted with multicolored neon tube lights, hanging in the windows at uneven lengths to imitate the fringe. The store is very large with multiple floors, hundreds of bags on display, almost as many (it seemed) sales associate, and the store itself is very well lit.

I must say the service exceeded my expectations. It was an extremely busy day but not once did I feel like I had to wait for service. The doormen were very polite, as were the SAs. When they heard me conversing with my friend in English, they offered to speak English as well. They were patient and helpful, and I didn't encounter anyone snotty, to my surprise. I recommend the services of a gentleman by the name of Olivier, who was friendly and laid-back. I was offered a drink while I waited, which I expected in a plastic cup. But it came in a tall glass with a golden "LV" saucer and a napkin! As I left, three or four employees were at the door to say "Au Revoir" to me. I was very impressed!

Actually, I was impressed by the service in most of the luxury stores I visited, especially Dior and Gucci. I was less than impressed by Chanel after being spoiled by LV, there was no doorman and no one even tried to smile or even make eye contact with me.

So many people recommended the Galleries Lafayette, so I decided to check that out. It is huge! You could barely tell it was a department store, it looked more like a mall than some of the actual malls do here! However, the LV is much smaller. It wasn't as "fun" as being at the main store. My experience at the Champs-Elysees store is so different from the impression I was given by it so you really do have to experience it for yourself to decide!

And of course, everything is cheaper than it is here in North America, that's a plus!

2. Nice write up, you're so lucky to be able to go to France! :yes: Sounds you had a great time shopping..

Sooo did you get anything? :graucho:

3. Thanks for replying, and yes! Hehe...I needed a little multi-purpose pouch to hold my foreign currency and receipts and stuff...so I got the white Suhali L'Inséparable PM. Now I'll need a purse to match it. :graucho:

4. Congrats on the Inseparable it's a lovely coins purse, you should get a white Ingenieux or The Fabuleux in White.

5. Sounds like a fun day...wish I was there!!LOL!Congrats on your purchase too!

I found the service at LV in France as the best service I ever received.I guess its all individual....I had an amazing SA...the manager of the store...and he spent over an hour with me...it was fab!

6. One day I will go there.....one day. LOL. Glad you had a great experience!

7. I'm glad you had an enjoyable day.

8. Great story. Can't wait to see pix of your new Suhali piece. Enjoy the rest of your stay in Paris.

9. Glad you had a goood time and Congrats on the purchase.

DH and I have been to Paris the last 3 years in a row, and we were finally able to see the Champs store this year. Definitely worth the wait!

10. Glad you had fun in the store, I wish I could go to France!