made in U.S.A. vs made in France

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OK girls (and guys),

I need your help. Just purchased a Batignolles from Saks. I was sorely disappointed when I inspected the bag (as I'm sure we all do) and saw that it was made in the U.S.A. Let me be the first to say that I am proud to be an American, but half of the allure for me of buying an LV is that perfectly imprinted "made in France." I immediately went back into Saks and they explained that a lot of the monogram is now made in the States to keep up with demand. I also called 866vuitton and the gentleman explained the same thing to me. He assured me that bags made in the U.S.A. are held to the same quality standards as the company originally set. It''s just a matter of demand and getting it to the consumer more quickly. But, even after all that I really want to take my bag back. Am I overreacting?!?!?! Should I just transfer my stuff from my Lockit (which was made in France) and just enjoy my new baby? What do you guys think? :sad:

2. I feel if youre not really happy with it, you should return it. LV or originated in France and that is alot of the company's appeal. I love the U.S. much more than I could ever love France and I'm sure the quality is the same- but it's the image we're buying into with LV.

3. Hi!

This is discussed very often here as you can imagine.
    Please try a search and join in a current thread:yes:
    Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.