Made in France vs. Made in USA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Does this have any bearing on whether or not the bag is authentic? I wonder why I see both so often..surprisingly, I bought a LV in a LV store that said "Made in USA" on it. Explanations anyone???
  2. Louis Vuitton has factories in France, Spain, and the U.S. (CA).
  3. Yup! There are LV factories in the USA also!
  4. both are authentic. it just some people prefer have a lv made in france tag because lv is originally from france
  5. don't worry about where it's made, because either of those places makes authentic ones. just worry about WHO you're getting it from.
  6. As the above replies said, LV was made in both France and USA. If you are purchasing a product from the LV store, then you are assured that it is going to be a genuine LV. Otherwise, you have to take into consideration many other factors than just the place of manufacture.
  7. :tup:
  8. The shoes and some of the bags are also made in Italy- some scarves are from Scotland as well :yes:
  9. I actually don't mind the made in US tag. I haven't seen a fake that says made in US yet.
  10. small leather goods majority now made in Spain
  11. esp
  12. Louis Vuitton is a French company so i prefer Made in France.
  13. Really!? O.o I'd love to have a scottish LV scarf. ^_^
  14. Acutally there are many, many threads on this, please try doing a search in here and in the Louis Vuitton Reference Section for a lot of good info. Thanks!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.