Made in China??

Coach raises it's prices regularly? How often is that? I've been an avid fan for at least a year and this is the first actual increase I can remember. And it isn't even a large increase, just a few dollars here and there. Again, I have to go back to Chanel who, by comparison, has raised it's prices three times already this year, for the exact same bags they've been making, and it's been hundreds of dollars each time. This Coach one seems like nothing to me.

This is the first time ive seen a coach increase also. I know LV raises their prices a lot, which is why I will only own 1 LV bag. If coach only raises a few dollars, that wont bother me

This is the first time ive seen a coach increase also. I know LV raises their prices a lot, which is why I will only own 1 LV bag. If coach only raises a few dollars, that wont bother me

Yeah, so it just seems odd to me that people are freaking out so much about it. When put into perspective it isn't a big deal at all. A company is entitled to raise their prices if they want to, and at least Coach has only done it by a little bit, which I am relieved about. :smile:

Now if they start doing it a couple times a year, and for larger amounts...then Coach and I will have to have a little talk..*L*

some girls over there hate when their bags are made in the US they would rather have it made in france, which doesnt make sense to me. The bag isnt made any differently just a different country.

lol that's certainly odd. I don't get how where should make a difference. XD Ah well, not a LV girl so I'll never understand.

my problem is quality. the coach bag I got when I was thirteen is made of steel apparently but the new "china" bags have all kinds of weird issues. random breakage, funny seams, leather that looks like the cow went through a dog fight, etc.

I've been to Beijing several times believe me , some of the knockoff are so good you can't buy enough of them. But I never bought any Coach there,it looked so fake they couldn't give it away. I was told because they make a lot of the designer handbags there ,they have all the material, snaps zippers etc. So a lot of the real stuff is going out the back door.I have LV bags that look just a good as the real thing............You can't get away from it everything is made & is going to continue to be made in China.......I would never not buy anything because of where it is made......

And it isn't even a large increase, just a few dollars here and there. Again, I have to go back to Chanel who, by comparison, has raised it's prices three times already this year, for the exact same bags they've been making, and it's been hundreds of dollars each time. This Coach one seems like nothing to me.

I agree - the value and quality of Coach, as well as having many timeless styles, is still a bargan in comparison to other lines. I was about two seconds from saving for a "christmas" Chanel, then learned the one I've been wanting for months will jump over $400 in price in about two months. That's insane! I'm staying with Coach.

I have a few older Coach bags( when they were all made of leather )that were made in USA.Those were definately some quality bags. I have two that were made in Costa Rica and one that was made in Italy. So far quality has not really suffered in my opinion. I am afraid in the future we will start seeing quality issues just like Dooney&Burke. IF you will remember the old Dooney's were some great bags now they are just awful. I actually emailed them and ask if they got a really awesome deal on yellow thread because no matter what color the bag was it was stitched with terrible yellow thread. I think they may be improving some now. I use to like Vera Bradley but as of Jan 07 they are now being made in China and their quality has most definately dropped off most every one I have looked at recently has some sort of problem.

Have you watched the news lately???...Just EVERY child's toy is made with LEAD paint in China :throwup:, huge recall worldwide

Don't u diss china. Yes I HAVE read the paper thanks. The owner of that factory was sold dud paint. Just cos there are some people that take advantage of others doesnt mean that the WHOLE of china's goods are bad.

I find your comment quite offensive.

Coach has always been an American company...with that said they employee tons of Americans who need work and need the money in Florida and everywhere else. I hate that they are made in China but only because they are not made somewhere else. It has nothing to do with China I feel sorry for some of the Chinese who work in factors. I guess I'm thinking about the human factor and not the purse itself.

Even China has admitted, however, that their quality control on most items is lacking. Perhaps understandably so given the sheer volume of goods they manufacture.

But fair or not, when pet food is recalled, food is suspect and children's toys go through two enormous recalls it hit people where it hurts emotionally and a lot of people have a backlash against Chinese goods in general. Fair? Probably not. Natural response? Absolutely.

I think people often take their feelings about the toys and the pet food and transfer it to all Chinese goods, including handbags. It isn't at all the same, but with enough recalls the bias might persist.

Even China has admitted, however, that their quality control on most items is lacking. Perhaps understandably so given the sheer volume of goods they manufacture.

But fair or not, when pet food is recalled, food is suspect and children's toys go through two enormous recalls it hit people where it hurts emotionally and a lot of people have a backlash against Chinese goods in general. Fair? Probably not. Natural response? Absolutely.

I think people often take their feelings about the toys and the pet food and transfer it to all Chinese goods, including handbags. It isn't at all the same, but with enough recalls the bias might persist.

very good point quite true.:yes: