Made a bad purchase on a Gucci bag

kilrqueen said:
efashionhouse.com also known as luxuryvintage sells authentic items and they are very often confused with efashionstore which I do believe sells fakes. I've bought from efashionhouse and have been very pleased with their service. Another place to try but it's mainly Louis Vuitton, but she does have other designers on occassion and that is poupetteluxe-auctions.com

YEAHHH someone else who knows about efashionhouse.com. I buy from there too and have always been satisfied. Anna (company Pres) is aware of the confusion between her company and efashionstore.com and is working on a solution to fix the confusion.

Thanks for the LV site recommendation.

Lexi

Thanks for your input. I just read their policy which states a re-stocking fee upon returns. The guy who I talked to from efashion was convincing me to exchange it for another bag, but I told him that I wasn't interested and how can I be sure that they'll mail me another crappy bag? I returned regardless.

Higlad said:
Thanks for your input. I just read their policy which states a re-stocking fee upon returns. The guy who I talked to from efashion was convincing me to exchange it for another bag, but I told him that I wasn't interested and how can I be sure that they'll mail me another crappy bag? I returned regardless.

So did you end up paying a restocking fee? Restocking fees deeply upset me when you are forced to return an item because of inferior quality. I hate even having to pay return shipping. Honestly, how much does it cost to put an item back into inventory and process a refund?

Thanks Lexi. The bag was purchased from efashionstore.com NOT efashionhouse. I talked to some guy named Nick and they're located in Brooklyn. He told me that they don't sell actual purses so he doesn't see what's being shipped to the customer. The bag is ordered through efashion and sent to the customer from a different company.

chemlex said:
So did you end up paying a restocking fee? Restocking fees deeply upset me when you are forced to return an item because of inferior quality. I hate even having to pay return shipping. Honestly, how much does it cost to put an item back into inventory and process a refund?
I went ahead and paid it. I was at work when I called them so I couldn't talk my normal voice to him (I really just wanted to yell at him and ask for him manager, etc...) but the policy was clearly written. I think that's how they make their money. I am still beating my head over that purchase.

I would report them to the Better Bussiness Bureau.

Once they finish processing your refund, I would cancel my card and get a new one. Then contact Visa and report the restocking charge.

I agree and would definitely report them to the BBB. Here's the BBB link and what is there regarding EFASHIOHSTORE>COM, which is not much.
http://www.bbbnewyork.org/businessreports/Default.aspx?id=86516

But use this link (3rd topic from the left) to file a complaint. http://search.bbb.org/search.html

I would also file a complaint with the office of the NYS attorney general, Eliot Spitzer http://www.oag.state.ny.us/

Spitzer is known for cracking down hard on bogus business practices.

Good luck!

Lexi

Great job on those links, Lexi!

Now that you have everything you need, Higlad - I urge you not to let this company slide. After you told them about the inferior quality of the item they sent you, I am surprised they would still insist on charging you the fee.

Someone needs to report this company so other consumers can be warned.

Also, in addition to all of the above links - report them to www.ripoffreport.com - great place to go prior to making a purchase or business decision.

This site (efashionstore.com) is definately falsly advertising and they are hoping that consumers confuse them with the legitimate online handbag store efashionhouse.com, which has built a very good online reputation.

Welcome Crzmoma- and you are right. Efashionstore is a rip off and many people easily can confuse the 2! Hope this post helped you our Higlad!

Good job ladies on all the great links!!