Mad Men Season 5

AMC usually has the full episode on their web site shortly after it originally airs.

It's going to be a challenge for me as well. In the first 4 seasons I had a Dish Network DVR. Less than 10% of the time I watched the shows live in its original airing, every other time I watched it several days after, sometimes right before the airing of the next one. I have the AMC channel on my Time Warner iPad app but I hate the thought of having to watch it live. But I know its available for download on Amazon and iTunes, but hopefully I can just stream it for free.

And business-wise, their new ad agency is struggling a bit. I think they needed a new cash infusion from Don and Roger to keep it alive. Pete didn't have his so Don spotted him because he felt Pete was going to be pivotal moving forward in spite of the fact he tried blackmailing him to Bert Cooper years ago.

But I do remember an incident where Don was being investigated by the government and Pete might have covered up or help him cover up the incident.

I have a feeling there is going to be a fast forward or jump in time. I really want to see what happenned with Don and Megan and see the wedding, Betty's reaction etc so will be really disappointed if we were deprived of that. I just read an interview with Matthew Weiner and it says that MM will end after the 7th season and that the show will take place in the entire decade of the 60's. I did not think we were up to 1967 yet or were we? That is one reason I think there will be a fast forward.

I have a feeling there is going to be a fast forward or jump in time. I really want to see what happenned with Don and Megan and see the wedding, Betty's reaction etc so will be really disappointed if we were deprived of that. I just read an interview with Matthew Weiner and it says that MM will end after the 7th season and that the show will take place in the entire decade of the 60's. I did not think we were up to 1967 yet or were we? That is one reason I think there will be a fast forward.
Oh no, did he really say it will end after the 7th season? daggone it.....

I think it has to jump forward if the kids (at least Sally) are going to continue to be significant characters in the show...they grow lightning fast between regular seasons, but there was so much extra time between filming seasons this time that they had that much more time to age.

I like Sally but the kids are minor characters. If they had to stay current, then if need be replace the actress who played Sally with someone else. And the son, I would not be able to pick him out if I saw him. I would rather pick up where we left off in the story than fast forward because of the actors who play the children

I think it has to jump forward if the kids (at least Sally) are going to continue to be significant characters in the show...they grow lightning fast between regular seasons, but there was so much extra time between filming seasons this time that they had that much more time to age.

There's a new actor playing the son this year (I can't remember if he's actor #2 or #3 to play the role). The actress who plays Sally is the same, but I just saw a photo shoot with her and she looked a lot older (like could play 16 if needed).

I'm looking forward to the new season, especially Joan and her pregnancy/baby. I imagine she will find a way to keep working for the ad firm, but idk.

I like Sally but the kids are minor characters. If they had to stay current, then if need be replace the actress who played Sally with someone else. And the son, I would not be able to pick him out if I saw him. I would rather pick up where we left off in the story than fast forward because of the actors who play the children

I don't think Sally is a minor character at this stage. This morning they had the cast on Today, and it was (sorry, just going to use character names) Don, Betty, Roger, Lane, Pete and Sally. Obviously Peggy and Joan were missing and some may disagree about Lane's importance, but Sally is a bona fide cast member and I think it would be a mistake to recast her. In any case, I believe they're following their creative choices for the show and it happens to work with the kids getting older... I like the show jumping forward and think it helps it from getting stale like so many other shows, so whatever the reason it works for me!

I notice a lot of shows who do jump ahead do flashbacks and that usually works well to fill in the gaps

I don't think Sally is a minor character at this stage. This morning they had the cast on Today, and it was (sorry, just going to use character names) Don, Betty, Joan, Roger, Lane, Pete and Sally. Obviously Peggy was missing and some may disagree about Lane's importance, but Sally is a bona fide cast member and I think it would be a mistake to recast her. In any case, I believe they're following their creative choices for the show and it happens to work with the kids getting older... I like the show jumping forward and think it helps it from getting stale like so many other shows, so whatever the reason it works for me!

Do you know if they still have to get rid of six characters over the next three seasons? I know that was the word back when they were still negotiating everything, but wasn't sure if it stuck and haven't found anything recent about it. I'm not sure how major they were supposed to be, or if it could just be characters like Joan's husband.