Mac Pigments!!!!!!!

winona77 said:
The ones that aren't safe for the eyes or lips have products in them that weren't tested. At MAC all of the makeup artists use them on eyes and lips. It's just something they have to say to cover thier asses ;)
Anyone with sensitive eyes could react to any eyeshadow falling into the eye.

Exactly. I use all my pigments on my eyes/mouth/face and I've never had any problems regardless of whether or not the packaging says eye or lip safe.

Pigments are my absolute FAVORITE MAC product. Hands down, they are useful, the colors are gorgeous and they last and last. I have jars full of pigment from years ago that look untouched and I've used them on numerous occassions.

For anyone who loves pigments MAC has a limited edition collection of pigments out now, they are beautiful. I've already bought 4 of the colors and I'm going back for more 2morrow!! I especially love the beautiful shimmering golds/peaches they have. :love:

Luxx said:
Exactly. I use all my pigments on my eyes/mouth/face and I've never had any problems regardless of whether or not the packaging says eye or lip safe.

Pigments are my absolute FAVORITE MAC product. Hands down, they are useful, the colors are gorgeous and they last and last. I have jars full of pigment from years ago that look untouched and I've used them on numerous occassions.

For anyone who loves pigments MAC has a limited edition collection of pigments out now, they are beautiful. I've already bought 4 of the colors and I'm going back for more 2morrow!! I especially love the beautiful shimmering golds/peaches they have. :love:

^^ I already have a ton, is there one that doesn't have a clone in the new batch of colours??

To the girl with the cute dog avatar...sorry I forgot your name:shame:
Pigments are a pure color pigment in a powder form. Like PURE color in a powder form. It can be used for almost everything, but the majority of people use it for eyeshadow. It's gorgeous because it's true color.
Vibrant!

winona77 said:
^^ I already have a ton, is there one that doesn't have a clone in the new batch of colours??

To the girl with the cute dog avatar...sorry I forgot your name:shame:
Pigments are a pure color pigment in a powder form. Like PURE color in a powder form. It can be used for almost everything, but the majority of people use it for eyeshadow. It's gorgeous because it's true color.
Vibrant!

Oh. Thank you for the explanation.:smile: I'll have to swing by MAC and check them out.

....and thank you for the doggy compliment :smile:

winona77 said:

In honesty they're all very similar to other colors that MAC has put out over the years. Golders Green is Kelly Green + Golden Olive, Sunpepper is BlueBrown minus the blue and so on so forth. They're actually all similar to the some of the pro pigments if you've got those already then you might not need these. Either way they're a beautiful and a girl can never have too many pigments :biggrin:

Ooh! There are loads of swatches up on Specktra too if you'd like to look at them:

http://www.specktra.net/showthread.php?p=492471#post492471

I just ordered a bunch of colors off of eBay so I can see what colors I like. I can't wait because I have heard such great reviews!! I purchased the 'Dark Soul' since the OP said it was her favorite...plus, I love doing smokey eyes when I go out. :biggrin:

i just purchased dark soul and am having a hard time with it..it seems like its getting everywhere on my eye...do u guys have any tips for controlling where u put it?? is the brush really important ??bc i used the MA's brush at the store it was a wider brush than i have here at home..and it was wet..and i had no problem but now at home,. it seems impossible to use now!!

ok i gotta resurrect this thread, sorry! i just got my first two full sized jars of pigment, smoke signal and gold stroke, as well as the Cool Antiquitease holiday pigment set. I am soooo excited! I've never used pigments before!

OMG! I'm totally obsessed with pigments. I have most of the colors (except for the super rare ones). Every eye look I do has at least one pigment in it.

Most people use pigment samples because they are so much cheaper and they'll never end up using the entire jar, but sadly they're banned from ebay now. The best place to get them in a wide variety of colors is on Live Journal. If you have an account, check out the mac_cosmetics community and there's always a bunch of sales posts that have pigment samples.

PrincessMe- Try using #239 to apply it onto your lid, #224 to apply on crease, and blending with #217. Those brushes work for most people. If you don't have those brushes, you can use any brush that has the same shape and size.

Also, be sure not to put too much pigment onto the brush- a little goes a long way and you'll find that there is less fallout and mess if you use a small amount and build from there.

northernbelle33- They are really easy to remove. One swipe of a cotton ball with MU remover on it, and it's gone. They are $18.50 retail, which is cheap considering how long they last (forever).

Love pigments. Love MAC. But, like sw0pp said you have to use the mixing base to get the true effect. My favorites are smoke signal and dark soul. Vanilla is my ALL time fave!!! you can use it in your foundation, mositurizer, anything it's so versatile!