"M by Madonna" handbag at H&M *pic*

1. Madonna is coming out with her own line at H&M. I previewed some of the pieces in The Wardrobe sub-forum. Here's one of the handbags in the "M by Madonna" line.

Weekend Bag
    As affordable as it is stylish, this rectangular bag employs large interior pockets to hold iPods, a wallet, a PDA or a small notebook. In black or white.
  2. I'm really interested in the line, but the bag doesn't really hit me. I can't place my finger on why though. Nothing is popping at me.
  3. I just came back from H&M and looked at the clothes... nothing really eye-catching IMO. Not too crazy for this bag either. :hrmm:
  4. I haven't seen it in person, but the bag isn't striking me as anything special from the photo.
  5. Doesn't look too interesting?
    I heard on the radio this morning that the clothes aren't selling as expected, when they did the Stella McCartney line there was actually fighting in the store!
  6. hmmmm not interested at all.
  7. Madonna is now...what? 45? 50?

She was all the rage during my teenage years, and now I'm 35. I don't know how many people shop at H&M at 35 to 39...I could be wrong, but it always struck me as a 'twentysomething' or very early thirtysomething store?

I think she'd do better at Nordstrom's or Macy's. Although I have to say that while I did dress like her during the whole "Like a Virgin" thing, she doesn't enter my radar screen at all at this point. There's nothing about her I particularly want to emulate. And honestly I'm tired of "celebrity designers." Just because you act doesn't mean you can design a bag or clothes.
  8. Thanks for this!
  9. I'm not too fond of that bag, but I did purchases two items of clothing from the M by Madonna line today.
  10. I saw some things from her line on E! last night, there were a few cute dresses, everything else was pretty basic :shrugs:
  11. Not so crazy about it but I can say it's a nice bag. I like it. Can't wait to see the rest.
  12. Oh, you sound like me! I'm 32 and when I was in grade school, I begged my mother to buy me laced Madonna gloves. Now, I have my own money and you'll never catch me spending over $100 for something at H&M because Madonna designed it. It's a big "who cares". Next we'll have the 5th person who got kicked off the 3rd Survivor designing clothes. Or Rob and Amber jewelry. :shrugs:

I am curious to see if it sells or if H&M looks back on this as a big flop.
  13. I don't find that bag particularly interesting. I'd save my 129 $ and look for something else
  14. No, there is nothing interesting about that bag. My $129 goes into the pot to save for another Kooba instead.