Lvs and Education....

What is your highest level of education?

• No High School

• High School diploma/GED

• Associate Degree (2 year college degree in US)

• B.A. or B.S.

• M.A. or M.S.

• PhD.

• M.B.A.

• J.D. (Law)

• M.D.

• R.N. or related nursing degree

Results are only viewable after voting.

twiggers

O.G.
May 7, 2006
OK...someone mentioned this in the 'how much do you make' poll and I really think this is interesting. One of the articles posted also mentioned that the whole middle-class/upper-middle class divide can be broken down to education...i.e. those with post graduate degrees seem to be in the upper middle-class.
So this is totally anonymous....and could be interesting!

I will say that I voted PhD as that is the degree I am currently working towards.....so please count the degree you are currently working towards (i.e. if you're in college working on a bachelors degree please vote B.A./B.S., etc.)

LOL Crystal! Ya beat me to it :smile: I'm currently working towards a PhD in psychology...one day to be a professor.

So is my gf! She is so far in debt though! I feel awful for her! She is not married though so she doesn't have anyone to help with the tuition and living expenses!

I did think about getting my Masters but in my field, to be honest, it didn't really matter. What mattered most was on the job training/experience!

Cool thread!!

I have my BS in Justice Studies and Social Inquiry with a minor in Sociology.

I am currently getting my paralegal certification as well....will it ever end?!?!? LOL

So is my gf! She is so far in debt though! I feel awful for her! She is not married though so she doesn't have anyone to help with the tuition and living expenses!

I did think about getting my Masters but in my field, to be honest, it didn't really matter. What mattered most was on the job training/experience!

I feel that! I was lucky though...I went to a junior college for the first 2 years and worked 40+ hours a week & paid tuition myself...then to a UC in California for the final 2 years and accumulated a small amount of debt for tuition. Now that I'm in grad school it's great! They pay my tuition and pay me a stipend on top of it! Thank goodness because I go to a private university that costs upwards of $40000 a year to go to.

So does anyone have an opinion on whether the level of education influences spending habits on LVs? Does education=more money thus more Lvs? Or does education=better financial planning and thus more LVs? Or any other opinions?