LV vs Hermes

Gosh, not even in the same league - the fact that Hermes is all hand-sewn, that the skins are perfect (no quality issues like with the LVs with bleeding linings, etc...) and the sheer exclusivity of Hermes makes it more "luxurious".

I don't think H is for people in their 40s - I just turned 29 and have a Birkin (well, it'll be in my hands in the Spring) and I think if you can afford it, might as well get it young so you can enjoy the crazy colors! Most celebs that use Hermes are in their late 20s and 30s.

That being said, they have different purposes... my LV mono and Damier is indestructable, and perfect for the Canadian winters!

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: "I'd have to come home with the bag AND with an ambulance for hubby" that's cool...

Don't worry, they can come around - I have the ultimate PHH... and I've gotten him to agree to a Birkin every 4 years :wlae: (and this is someone who used to think bags only cost $50!!)

I don't know anything about Hermes, but just judging from the price tag and what the bags are made of, I definitely think it's ranked much higher than LV. None of the bags appeal to me though, probably just because I'm much too young for Hermes.

I love Hermes and I think the birkin is the ultimate handbag. I think it is more luxurious than LV but it all comes down to what you like and can afford....for me that's LV.

Hermes is definitely more luxurious. I would so love to afford Hermes, but my DH (who has been incredibly patient with my LV spending) would be having a heart attack. He jokes that I can have a birkin when I'm 50, which is nearly 20 years away! I hope I won't have to wait that long.

At the moment, I'm happy with LV. But I've been eyeing a Plume.... sigh...