LV vs Chanel????

1Kellygirl

May 19, 2015
My obsession for handbags began with coach as many do. I then saw a beautiful Alma and that was the start of collecting on a new level. I only care for leather not interested in monogram anything or slgs. Sold off my coach bags and need I say more. I have several beautiful handbags and recently purchased a mini flap, a blue trendy cc woc, coco handle, a gorgeous Chanel necklace, and wanting a few slgs, and a jumbo for the moment. I used my artsy in the the color infini for sometime and loved it then switched to my Santa Monica. I then went to the artsy in terre and feel like I'm kind of leaning towards Chanel and I have been waiting for my next bag to arrive by ysl. I have purchased LV bags along with a couple of Gucci bags just to sell them. I want to sell my artsy in the Terre along with a few others. The jumbo has been on my radar. I don't want to say that Chanel is better. Am I just becoming more diversified??? Thanks for listening.

I am a man so I will have less bags than you ladies perhaps maybe that's understandable? I do believe that if you are happy wearing the bag then by all means do so but I would not be comfortable wearing some "Women's" bags and do not think they would look good on any man. I don't think it has anything to do necessarily with aesthetics but I think it's psychologically jarring.

If this is down to imbedded social conditioning or prejudice I don't know. As I'd love a lot of the bags I don't want to mention them all and I'm sure you don't want me to ramble on much longer. I've tried on several bags I'd love several times over the years to see if it would be possible some times people say go for it and I think no and other times we're all in agreement that it's a no way!

Having said all this it's for this reason that I would pick Chanel over Louis Vuitton. Personally I don't think one should have a Women's and & Men's bags section and although Chanel don't make Mens bags their women's bags are more "classic" than LV. They can be worn night and day and never go out of style my best friend bought me a Chanel classic flap years ago (15 years ago?) On my first trip to Paris; From the rue Cambon store that was my first handbag so maybe i'm bias. It's aged extremely well I wore it for two years and people did stop me asking about it not why you get the bag true but it was funny for me at that age.

Best Wishes,

Molloy x

Last edited:
Interests just change over time. It's natural. I've been through different brands as well. I started with LV and Chloe years ago. Lost interest in LV and diversified with Chloe, YSL, Balenciaga, BV, Chanel, Lanvin, PS, etc. Early last year, I was back on with LV. Many didn't like NG's influence but it hooked me back in..lol. Anyway, mid last year, It was Chanel only and so thought I was done with LV for good. Then, this year started with LV again. I figured I love both LV and Chanel really because they give me options for different styles.