LV Spring 2008 yes or no?

1. I don't know what it is about spring but designers have either made it to the crazy line or have crossed it. What do you think of these LVs for Spring??

LV Monogram bag

LV Vernis Monogram bag with leather trim

LV Vernis Monogram bag

LV Vernis Monogram frame bag

I seriously am speechless I don't know what to think. I never would have thought LV would have gone this route. I like the structure and hardware of the third one and I like purple but I don't like the pairing with red and I don't like the stones. It seriously could have been better too bad I can't pick my own colors!! The last one is not as bad as the rest. It's still bright but not as crazy. But I don't know if I really dig it.

I guess we will just have to wait and see next year.

What do you think?
    279m.jpg 286m.jpg 285m.jpg 287m.jpg
  2. I'm an LV girl but I have to admit that I'm not very impatient to see them. Maybe I would change my mind when I'll see those bags IRL.
  3. I'm not an LV girl, but even if I was, I am quite adventurous and I like colour, but those would be waaaaay too wacky for me! :s

It's like the LV monogrammed bags ran away and had an accident in a paint factory and Marni happened to find them and tried to make them look better, by sticking on a few random-looking embellishments. :blink:

I really like the harlequin designs that are out for S/S from other designers (like Miu Miu), but these look like the bag equivalent of clown cars, to me! :upsidedown:
  4. I don't care for them...they seem to be just way too out there for the standard LV customer...I could be wrong, but if I were going to buy an LV, none of these styles would make the cut.
  5. yes chloehandbags you nailed it I was trying to think of a word to describe these and clown bags is just right!

I seriously can picture a clown carrying these.
  6. I find there are very few other LV's I like besides the classic monogram speedy and a few other staple LV bags :s
  7. I agree LV's are not that great. I don't really care too much for them maybe the leather ones I might consider some day but the monograms don't do it for me and this spring collection isn't helping them at all :yucky:
  8. Wait...let me get my sunglasses.

Okay, uhm...:confused1:
  9. Exactly my thoughts!
  10. Seems like they are opening the door for the wacky fakes.
  11. Marc Jacobs is trying *too* hard to incorporate his personal "Marc Jacobs" line style into these.

He should have done these for his own line, and NOT for LV.
  12. My guess is that they're doing what Coach, Dooney & Bourke, and Tiffany did - designing things to appeal to a younger market. The market is probably shrinking for the classic LV monogram designs, most of the people who are interested in them have bought them, others are just tired of the design. So they need to freshen up their image a bit, and thus the funky designs, colors and embellishments. In my opinion, they skipped their younger market with these designs and made what looks like toys for tots.
  13. Tacky.
  14. Ugh!
  15. I don't think the bags are tacky.. They are just designed for a younger market. I can totally understand that if you are a little bit older(main market LV) you never will buy such a bag..