LV Speedy: How does it sag?

brian said:
^ that's much better!
i'd love one of those.
do you think it would be possible to custom order a speedy from vuitton with a strip of vachetta on the bottom like that?

Maybe not, because you'd be asking them to make a bag in a shape (or I guess construction) that doesn't exist anymore. You could probably get the leather replaced on a used French Co. and it'll be good as new, plus the leather is dyed so there won't be any worries about the vachetta staining.

I have an Epi Speedy and the leather is stiffer and a bit thicker than the Monogram version. Mind you, mine is brand new, so I don't know if it'll soften up or sag later. But I did put some stiff cardboard on the bottom, and that should help. When I carry the bag it looks very structured.

The one advantage to an Speedy in the Epi line is that it does have that reinforcing strip of leather on the bottom, like brian was describing. I believe vintage Monogram ones did, but they don't make them like that anymore.

Too a picture for you. :smile:

Maureen027.jpg

awww....this sucks. i really wanted a damier speedy. when you pay so much money for a designer bag it really shouldn't sag. i refuse to shell out $$$ and then put cardboard in my bag so it looks good.

*JJ* said:
awww....this sucks. i really wanted a damier speedy. when you pay so much money for a designer bag it really shouldn't sag. i refuse to shell out $$$ and then put cardboard in my bag so it looks good.

Some people do like the sagginess.. I think a damier speedy 25 will be on my to buy list when it actually becomes a part of the permanent line. :smile:

I recently purchased a mono Speedy 25. My bag does not sag, especially giving the fact I am always carrying bottled water wherever I go.

I don't know about the epi 25, but one thing that annoys me (not so much the sagging) is the fact that the mono Speedy 25 comes folded so getting rid of the creases can be very annoying.

dk2504 said:
This may be off topic, but I went into LV today to get either a speedy or a papillon, but I could just not convince myself to buy either one. I felt clumsy with the papillon and I really dont like the monogram canvas, so that ruled out the speedy for me. I guess Im just not an LV person.
I did however, take a look at a special order damier speedy and it looked great!! so i might just have to wait for that!

Check out the Petit Bucket. (Damier version is also available in LV boutiques and I've seen on Elux.) Of my three LV bags, I think it's the most comfortable and still has a classic shape. I like the sagginess of my Speedy 30, but it's the most awkward of the 3 bags to carry and use, especially when trying to locate smaller items floating around.

hmmm...I have had a speedy 30 for about 15 years...since college...it really held it's shape fine (not sag).......the sides are a little caved in tho from carrying bottles of beer in it...and the handles got soooo dark they look almost black...not sure if I would buy another one..It's so beat to hell I almost am ready to toss it..def worth the money!!!

Suzerstar said:
hmmm...I have had a speedy 30 for about 15 years...since college...it really held it's shape fine (not sag).......the sides are a little caved in tho from carrying bottles of beer in it...

:lol: Sounds like something I would have done while in college... carrying my beer in my bag! We almost always had parties at my house, though, so no need to carry beer around :P

*JJ* said:
Hi there! I put a small, rolled up hand towel in the bottom of my Speedy 30 when I first got it..it helps keep the shape but is soft enough and small enough not to take away from the purse. I have since taken it out (after 6 months) and my purse doesn't sag at all, even without the towel. But then again I do have it filled with my stuff! :biggrin: