LV repair service

1. I just called 866 to ask about LV repair service and the lady told me that LV would NOT service any item that is not purchased directly from them. is this true? :confused1: she said that the reason is, they would not know if that item has ever been serviced by other people.

i have a eBay-purchased discontinued item that i would like to take to LV for restoration service. if i'm not mistaken, someone from tPF had their eBay-purchased item serviced by LV before. i hope that this is not true!!! :sweatdrop: does anyone know?

2. I've actually purchased a second-hand LV, but I needed to get it restored, and they sent it for repairs without problems. I think as long as you know your item is authentic and you know that it had no repairs/repairs exclusively from the LV boutique, it shouldn't be a problem.

With discontinued items, it might be a little hard because they might not always have the replacement parts. MyPoupette recommends that you might want to consider The French Luggage company for really vintage items (I've never used them, though).

3. hmmmmmmm i will just bring my malesherbes to the toronto LV store on 11/4 and see what they say. i don't think any repair has been done on this bag.

4. Just don't tell them where it was bought! :graucho: Say it was a gift from your aunt or so and you don't know where it comes from.

5. good idea. :graucho: thanks!!! :lol:

6. kittie is right or you can say someone in your family passed it down to you

7. thanks everyone! i will do that. :yes:

8. Yup..don't ever mention eBay..big No..No...

9. I've brought it lots of eBay-purchased LV for repair. Just say it was a gift from your mom!

10. Yea, I don't think it is a problem. I've called and asked before and they told me that you just need to bring in the bag, no receipt or anything else needed to show proof of purchase.

11. :yes:

12. They won't ask where you bought it. They'll fix it as long as it's authentic and hasn't be repaired by someone else (not LV).