LV Patina??

ranskimmie

Jan 25, 2006
I purchased my LV speedy 30 at the LV boutique in the South Coast Plaza at the beginning of Nov. Granted I switch bags often, but I thought the handles would kind of be atleast a light golden by now. How long does it take?:amuse:

It sounds as if your bag hasn't seen enough sun yet to turn the golden-honey color so if you want to speed up the process, place it by a window sill or somewhere where there is a decent amount of sun and switch sides every hour or two so it patinas evenly.

I have a Batignolles Horizontal that I've carried several times a week since I bought in late October, and it's only now starting to go from pale beige to a peachy color.

I received my speedy in December, took it to PV Mexico in January. While in Mexico with all that sun, my bag (the vachetta) is just starting to turn a light peach. Back home here, it will be a few more months before I see the sun. :sad: I must be one of the few who love the look of new vachetta as opposed to those who like it pantina'ed...

attorney-wife said:
I received my speedy in December, took it to PV Mexico in January. While in Mexico with all that sun, my bag (the vachetta) is just starting to turn a light peach. Back home here, it will be a few more months before I see the sun. :sad: I must be one of the few who love the look of new vachetta as opposed to those who like it pantina'ed...

I love the look of a new vachetta, not too new but I like it new.