LV..or laptop?

merika

Wol
O.G.
Nov 1, 2006
I love the damier line of LV more than anything else, and I have *something* in my elux cart with my fingers hovering over the checkout button.

In my line of work we need to use laptops a lot - presentations, conferences etc. A few days ago the laptop I was using died. It's not that I don't have a computer anymore because I have my desktop, but a laptop is a convenience.

My head says buy the laptop, but my heart says buy the LV..kwim? I can't buy both at the same time because it'll take out a sizeable chunk of money form my savings.

What should I do??

Both! The laptops with Vista have had massive discounts. I say get a cheapy, yet functional laptop AND the handbag.
:s

I don't recommend you cheap out on a laptop, merika. There is a great deal of difference in the performance and longevity of cheap vs. pricier models even when they are made by the same manufacturer (esp. among PC manufacturers).

I should elaborate a bit more. I can function without a laptop..i.e. I do a lot of work at home, and all my programming jobs run on departmental computers with lots of memory..laptops can't usually handle the types of simulations I run.

I also had a collegue buy a Toshiba for a good amount of money (> $1600), only to have it die on him a month or so after his purchase plan expired!

I only need a laptop if I have to go for a conference, or do a presentation within the department. Not having a laptop hasn't affected my job performance in any way. It's just that it's more convenient.

(I'm practically a Luddite. I don't own a TV, I don' own a cellphone..and right now I don't have a laptop either....)

Now you see why the LV is more tempting....even to a Luddite!