LV Neverfull PM or Dooney Dr. Satchel

1. I'm debating on which one to buy--the LV Neverfull PM or Dooney Dr. Satchel in Marine. I've been looking for a handheld navy bag so when I saw the Dooney one, I was :drool:. Then I saw the Neverfull, and I was :drool:. Both are somewhat "similar" in price--$425 and $575. I prefer handheld bags and I think both can be carried this way. I just can't decide which one to get. What is your vote? Thanks for your help!

2. 'll be honest. Dooney goes on sale, and LV doesn't. So if you are looking for a bag that will hold it's resale value, then buy the LV. You'll probably be able to buy the Dooney at outlets within the next year or so for about 30% off, if not more.

Regarding appearance, the Dooney looks more professional and the neverfull more casual. Maybe you should try a speedy?
  3. I like the Neverfull PM.
  4. I like the Neverfull. Get the Dooney on sale.
  5. i prefer the Neverfull too although I love that shade of blue!
  6. the neverfull is so much better! I recently got a GM and totally love it!
  7. Neverfull Neverfull!
    I've been looking into getting one too!
    (then again I have been looking into getting a lot of things)
  8. This may be a dumb question, but why is the neverfull so cheap? For such a decent sized bag it's really an excellent price? You guys know something about it that I don't?

It looks like great style and I definitely think you should go for it!!! The Dooney is nice but I agree with pp's, you'll be able to eventually get it for a lot cheaper if you still want it in the long run.
  9. Hardly any hardware, very simple shape and easy to make- It also has very few leather parts.
  10. Maybe LV is seeing how inflated all bag prices are and is competing with a few lower-priced bags (and fairly priced!).
  11. my vote goes to LV without a doubt
  12. I LOVE the Neverfull, so that one gets my vote. I am SO not a Dooney fan.
  13. You have to go with the Neverfull! I'm debating getting one myself....I just can't decide what size.....:confused1:
  14. The only thing about the LV is that the handles look very thin. I really don't see it as much of a hand-held bag because of that. Also, it looks like it just has a center top closure which may be a concern if you are worried about keeping things inside. I think the Dooney is more interesting style-wise and I like the color. It really depends on what type of look you are going for. Dooney does go on sale, but I would consider which bag I want rather than that. Personally, I would go with the Dooney... but I don't carry logo bags so take that with a grain of salt!!
  15. I agree with everyone else. Get the Neverfull now. You can always get the Dooney on sale later.