LV more disposable than Balenciaga?

:confused1: this question is food for thought... hehehe, ummm, I only have 2 LV bags and the rest are Balenciaga... I've really never thought much about changing to a different brand when going out... its opened a door in my mind anyway - I'll most likely think twice now when I go out! ;)

I wouldn't label an LV as "disposable", but id be a lot less sad if something happened to my canvas than my leather!

i've carried my lv through rain, snow, and left it on floors a plenty, and it still looks really good, granted more broken in than when i first got it (which was four years ago... so its had time!)

the bbag colors and leathers are just too special and rare to carry them under any type of conditions, especially if youre carrying from an older season!

I would swith and use it less although it was my favorite bag just because its white and i am afraid to ruin it. LV speedy has more durable leather for sure plus for me its harder to find Balenciaga bags vs LVs

I would not say that LV is more disposable than Balenciaga. Any bag over $100 -- let alone over $500+ -- I would not consider disposable. However, if you mean that its less likely to cause you stress if something happened to it, then no. If my LV suitcase got ruined, I would be peeved as much as if my Balenciaga Extra Courier got ruined.

i agree:yes:

I don't think LV is more disposable, but I would use my LV rather than my BBag for rugged use because first, the material of LV monogram is waterproof and can be cleaned easily. Secondly, if something really terrible happens and there the LV is damaged, you can easily get the same bag from the LV store or have it sent for repairs.

to me, it depends....the older the bags, the more disposable they are...haha :smile:

but honestly i think bbags are easier to keep clean than LVs (especially in the vachetta areas)

I hate to say this, but I think that Bbags wear much faster than LV bags...the corners seem to wear fast and colors fade or turn yellow, handles darken.

I agree 100%. LV's are tough! My speedy fell in the ocean one time. I took it home, filled the tub, threw it in to displace the salt water, then dried it and the next day you would nver know it went for a swim. I still have it and years later it shows no ill effects from it's afternoon swim.

I agree 100%. LV's are tough! My speedy fell in the ocean one time. I took it home, filled the tub, threw it in to displace the salt water, then dried it and the next day you would nver know it went for a swim. I still have it and years later it shows no ill effects from it's afternoon swim.

Wow. just wow. I have to say, I don't know of any handbag that would survive such calamity.

Ok.. I just have to ask... Did you jump in after it? Or did you use a hook to fish it out? It's just that I can completely imagine myself taking a dive headfirst off the bow of a ship after my beloved Balenciaga (or Speedy for that matter). :P

I hate to say this, but I think that Bbags wear much faster than LV bags...the corners seem to wear fast and colors fade or turn yellow, handles darken.

On LV bags when the patina changes they look nicer, and the handles never get that dark because of the quality of the leather. I always had to baby my Bbags with special handling for fear of wear. My LV can get tossed into the car or whatever and I dont worry.

I dont consider any pricey bags disposable, but LV lasts longer. jmho.
ITA!

hehe i do the same, when its raining and i want to bring a nice bag with me, i bring my speedy... the bottom is canvas too so you dont have to worry, the water is easy to wipe off... in the movies i would be crying if soda spilled on my bbag i'd be so afraid of stains, i'd be worrying about the bag the whole night :sad:

hehe i do the same, when its raining and i want to bring a nice bag with me, i bring my speedy... the bottom is canvas too so you dont have to worry, the water is easy to wipe off... in the movies i would be crying if soda spilled on my bbag i'd be so afraid of stains, i'd be worrying about the bag the whole night :sad:

This did happen to me!

Luckily it came off easily!