LV Koalla Wallet or the Speedy 30?

I'd go for the bag. Although I have the Koala wallet, I tend to use my zippy more. Only because I find it easier to get my cash out when I shop, LOL. It also depends on how much you take with you. If you don't carry much, get the wallet and opt for a pochette instead.

Very tough call.

IMHO: Which one do you need more at the moment... the bag or the wallet?

haha... I don't think I need either...

The purse and wallet was a gift so I'm a little hesitant to exchange it. Another thing is that I've always wanted the speedy 30 as its a classic but then again, I really don't like that everyone has one too. I'm sure I'll use the Speedy 30 a lot but then I have many other purses to use. I only have the Kenneth Cole and a Prada wallet so it'll be really nice to have the wallet but I just can't believe its so expensive! It's just for $100 more, the Speedy 30 is mine and who will know that I'm carrying my Kenneth Cole wallet inside...

Thanks for all your opinions... hopefully I'll get some more feedback and decide soon.

i'd prefer the speedy over the wallet. but then since you got the wallet as a gift, i really think you should just keep it (for sentimental reasons, hehe) and save up for the speedy :smile:

I would keep the Koala - The thing about the wallet is that you said it yourself - you would probably never have gotten it if it hadn't been a gift. That said - it might mean you would never have an LV wallet. It's tough to spend the money (I know - I just bought a zippy not too long ago). The Koala is the prettiest wallet LV makes IMO. I only got the zippy cause I carry so much.

You really do use a wallet a lot. Think of how many times you take your wallet in and out of your purse - people do see it. It's funny - I get more compliments on some of my LV accessories (my wallet and agenda) than I do on my purses. There's also no vachetta on a wallet so you'll have it for many years.

So my advice is - keep the beautiful wallet. It was a gift for one, and you'll probably never shell out that much cash to buy a wallet from LV again, so this is your chance to have one - for many many years. The speedy is great - but you won't have so much trouble spending the money to buy yourself one in the future.

Congrats!

........the wallet is for yourself to use not for others to see.:idea:

But people see your wallet all the time. Everytime you pay for something. It's also such a luxurious pleasure. I love having an LV to match my bags. I was running errands yesterday (carrying my speedy 30) and I had to go to about 7 stores. I had three compliments on my zippy wallet. None on my poor bag (which has gorgeous patina). I think people see the bags so often, or they think they're not real. The wallet however, not that's a rich pleasure! When I go out to lunch with friends, and you're splitting the bill - you pull out your wallet - fun. It was so cute, I was taking my daughter to lunch - and we were arguing about the bill (she wanted to treat) - we both pulled out our LV wallets, and the waiter literally said "Oh, goodie - I'm gonna' get a good tip today!" We both laughed!

I would go for the bag. But then again, I don't have a LV wallet and would always rather spend money on the bag. I mostly use my Cole Haan wallet and others that are pricey but not nearly as much as LV. One day in the future I would like to invest in one though. Good luck with your decision.

I would totally exchange and go for the bag. I have couple of LV wallets, but if I had to choose then purse it would be hands down. ebay has great deals on authentic LV wallets. So I would go with a brand new bag and then search ebay for a slightly used wallet.

I love LV wallets. Before I got my zippy, I felt weird pulling my Coach wallet out of my LV bag. (not that there is anything wrong with Coach) It's just a personal thing. Plus, sometimes, I (gasp) don't even carry a bag and just bring my wallet. I'd keep the wallet and save up for another bag in the future.

Also, since the Koala was a gift, it'll have sentimental value.